Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How best to make moving stand for Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cabasner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:45 am    Post subject: How best to make moving stand for Kronos Reply with quote

Hi all,

First off, this thread would be as applicable for any 88 key keyboard, not just a Kronos, but since a Kronos is what I have, this is going in the Kronos section!

So, I've been thinking of moving my Kronos to new location, on a tile floor. I've got the On-Stage Z stand, and it has rubber feet. I have been contemplating putting locking casters on the stand, so I can roll the keyboard/stand combo out of the way, and I've seen a thread (not in these Korg Forums) where someone put casters on their Z Stand. It took a bit of drilling and manipulating, but I see how it can be done. Honestly, I'd rather go with a simpler solution, and I wonder if anyone has ever tried to use those Magic Glides (discs that you can put fabric over to slide on hard floors). I wonder if that would be more practical that the hassle of adding casters, which would have to roll over grout lines on my tile floor (although, the gliding discs would have to go over those grout lines, too). So, has anyone tried this? Or does anyone have any better solutions as to how to (routinely, that is, daily) move a Kronos on a stand to a location maybe 20 feet away, at least once a day (from the playing location into a walk-in closet), back and forth? And, taking the keyboard off the stand and moving it that way isn't an option for me.
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sliders cost about $5 at Harborfrieght.

Worth trying, should work I think.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how handy you are but if you are, I had the same problem except I had to move my 3 tier stand almost daily. I sat in front of a closet.

I cut a piece of 3/4 inch plywood into a somewhat "U" shape and put decent locking casters under it. It was "U" shaped so that my pedal board could still sin on the floor. Whenever I needed to move it, I just lifted my pedal board up onto the dolly board and was free to roll away. The dolly board got used for moving speakers at gigs. I've since relocated my system so I don't have to do this but it was an elegant solution to an annoying problem.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use these quite often for moving stuff around. 200lbs each, so if your rig is under 800lbs you would be good to go. I like them for the small cup that even when the leg wanders a bit on an uneven surface it doesn't just roll out from underneath and I can use them for a larger range of items. With the hole in the center you could make them a more permanent solution.

Material Handling Home Depot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: