Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Piano

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robthemuso

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Piano Reply with quote

This forum is proving to be invaluable helping me to adjust to the 4x from the 1x. Now I need suggestions for a piano sound. I find the 4x piano to be lacking in attack and brilliance Found an excellent piano set for the pa1 but can't seem to find anything for thr 4x. Any suggestions please?
triton_lover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried the "Rock piano" sound?
robthemuso

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I do like the rock piano and I have just spent half a hour editing that very sound. Its sounding a lot more like the sound I'm after. Many thanks for your suggestion. Rob
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Piano Reply with quote

robthemuso wrote:
This forum is proving to be invaluable helping me to adjust to the 4x from the 1x. Now I need suggestions for a piano sound. I find the 4x piano to be lacking in attack and brilliance Found an excellent piano set for the pa1 but can't seem to find anything for thr 4x. Any suggestions please?

Did you try and edit the sound to your liking?

There are extensive edditing features available for tweaking the piano sounds to your liking... edit the attack parameter of the envelope generator for a different attack... use the filter settings and eq and maybe a bit less vibrato for changing the brilliance of the sound..

Thats the strength of Korg, you can change every sound more to your liking..
mstodola

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only exception is the sustain on the main piano. Because the sample does not loop, you can't make shorter or longer sustains. That is what you give up with a non looping sample.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mstodola wrote:
The only exception is the sustain on the main piano. Because the sample does not loop, you can't make shorter or longer sustains. That is what you give up with a non looping sample.

Interesting point. Maybe investigating a long Reverb could get you where you want to go for long sustain.

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
mstodola

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like much reverb. I usually turn the reverb off when possible. Actually I don't have a problem with the piano on the Pa4x. I was just commenting on others who were having a conversation about the pianos on the Pa4x and how to modify it. The no looping issue was brought up by others on other threads that the sustain could not be lengthened. I tried it and they were correct. Reverb could be a solution for some. I'm not a piano connoisseur like some. Actually, I like the Kurzweil PC3 piano the best. But the Pa4x is good too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: