Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EXs 16 Failed to Install....Any thoughts?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Learner'sPermit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:53 am    Post subject: EXs 16 Failed to Install....Any thoughts? Reply with quote

I have successfully installed and loaded EXs 17 and 18 on my original Kronos which I purchased from the Korg website, so i've done some things correctly. EXs16 is not cooperating. I get the message: "Failed. EXsInstall exsins file error" each time I try to install. I've tried re-downloading numerous times, used different computers, (Mac and PC), different thumb drives, tried even and odd days of the week, and during Full moons and new moons. Why is the install folder not doing it's job? Is there a way around it? Any help would be appreciated.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's strange. I installed EXs16 with no issues. Did you use the Kronos to format your USB stick (FAT 32)?
Learner'sPermit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:36 am    Post subject: EXs 16 Failed to Install....Any thoughts? Reply with quote

Yup. Each time.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only done 2 EX installs before and cannot remember well the entire process.
I did the OS update not so long ago and had issues the forst two attempts and it turned out i was not unzipping the file the right way during download.

Are EX file downloads similar, such as going through the unzip process before downloading?
Perilous

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you buy your Kronos new or used?
Learner'sPermit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did buy it new. (Kronos) I sense it may be something to do with unzipping the file, but like I said, I downloaded/installed two other EXs just prior and everything went smoothly. I tried both MAC and PC to try different types of unzipping. It just seems to be the EXsinsinstall folder that isn't communicating with the Kronos. If it was a bad file then I would of seen others on here complaining and it would have been fixed long ago. So that's not the issue.
mikeyd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi:
Did you get this resolved?
I looked at the forums (via Google) and found several suggestions on resolving the issue with EXs 16. A lot of them were around loading the "whole" folder and not copying over just the files. Other suggestions had to do with USB formats etc. Let us know. If all fails maybe call or write KORG support and they should be able to help. But the folks here get it figured out 99% of the time.

The suggestions you've received so far should resolve it. So maybe check out the other posts and your answer might be in there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: