Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Difference between STS and Performance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gkthomas

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Difference between STS and Performance Reply with quote

Can someone explain to me the difference between Single touch settings(STS) and performance. If I wanted to play a style(not changing style) and would like change and play the sound on right end of the keyboard such as String, Flute , lead etc. In this case I must save a Style with each sound for one STS right? Then what context I can use performance ? Will either STS or Performance save my settings such as Transpose, temo etc?
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STS is Performance store (saved) in Style.
each Style has own 4 STS.
Korg also has Performance Banks which can be loaded in real-time while playing, they are complete independent .
STS can be loaded automatically when STS Mode is On with steady red Led light, or if is blinking then STS is auto changing with variation, 1STS with 1 Var, 2 STS with 2 Var ... etc.
When STS Mode is Off, while you change style current STS is not changing, but is Loaded on Background, means if you change will pick up stored STS for currently loaded Style. Wink
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
goldenblue

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting that performance seems to contain a "link" to a style, which is when selecting a performance, the style can be changed automatically to a "linked" one. So it appears style and performance are not independent?
I wonder what will happen to performance if the linked style is lost.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's may help you understand. Wink

Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: