Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minilogue Edit by Julien Eres?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikey S

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Minilogue Edit by Julien Eres? Reply with quote

Has anyone here purchased this editor (or made a donation)? I'm curious whether it is useful. I would like to study the parameters of many of the presets for the Minilogue, and it looks like this will show what those actual settings are.

https://ask.audio/articles/heres-a-new-free-editor-for-korg-minilogue
Mikey S

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try this from another angle: Does anyone here know of any software which would allow a Minilogue user to find the exact settings for a patch/preset?
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked the same thing and all I could get was just move a dial and see where it catches. I am not in love with that method needless to say, but it seems to be my only choice at the moment.

I was hoping you would get more replies to your first question.
Mikey S

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to download the beta version tonight, and if all installs and works properly, I'll give you a little report!
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! The program looks very cool, been on my radar for a little bit too. Looking forward to your report! BTW, it's so cool you can edit the motion sequencing data in the editor!
Mikey S

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the partial lowdown, good, bad and ugly:

You DO get a graphic representation of your patches, great for learning what makes those presets tick. And the library is better than the Korg Sound Librarian, if it works right for you (see below). You can edit the preset names and more. If you want to control your synth with virtual knobs on your computer, this is cool. You can also edit the motion values in the sequencer.

The author was very attentive to my problems, in a little discussion group on Google. My problem is that I could not get the preset library to load any of the presets onto the main screen, no how and no way. I was unsuccessful with a second computer also. This along with my Minilogue's inability to communicate through MIDI connections, as opposed to the USB, leads me to think that there is something wrong with my synth. Damn! This might explain a few other glitches I posted about here.

The author had never seen anyone else with these problems, and since it's all free anyway, I say give it a try. I'll still use it, but I can only pick presets to load through the Minilogue's Program/Value knob.

So: this is a great bit of work, and I'll bet it will function for you where it did not for me. If you like it, give the guy a donation so he can keep improving it.
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report, I will try it soon too. Sorry to hear you may have problems.....hope it's just something simple like a midi cable or something.

Again thanks!
Mikey S

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news: I've got it all working now. There was a bad USB cable, along with my own ignorance of MIDI and its settings. Windows users will also need to install some drivers, linked to by the author.

Once set up correctly, you can load a preset either from the Minilogue, or from the preset library. After that, parameters can be changed either from the synth, or with your mouse, and numerical entry is also possible. Lots of fun to tweak a knob and see the virtual representation change on the monitor in real time. I found that the knob behavior needed to be set to scale, because the jump setting was annoying.

There are a few things that need some more work, like giving you a portamento setting up front, and I did not explore the sequence editing at all.

My advice: try it, then buy it! (donate) How often does someone make something so specialized with limited appeal, then essentially give it to you free?
jmcdeg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, has anyone successfully downloaded this minilogue editor by Julien Eres? I cannot find a download link on the website. I have donated $10, and have only received a key. Also I registered on the google groups but membership is pending. There is no contact info on the website, and any email address ***@julieneres.com that I try returns rejected. So kind of running out of options here SmileSmile. Thanks, Sjoerd
Mikey S

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you joined the Google Group associated with the project? There's a link on the top of the donation page, and a link in the group for the download. Idea
jmcdeg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - Yes I did, but membership is pending for a few days now, not sure if this group is still active.
jmcdeg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK have just been approved and downloaded the tool. Very curious how this thing works out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: