Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Controller Pads Chord Symbols

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccurry007

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Controller Pads Chord Symbols Reply with quote

Let's call this a feature request. Put a chord symbol display on the 'Pads' tab of both Program and Combi mode. Karma, while less capable on the Korg M3, is more accessible. For me this is primarily because of the visibility of chord symbols. The M3 has physical pads and the Karma RTC tab gives you a quick leadsheet of sorts. I can be more musical, faster, on the M3 than the Kronos. Sure, you can work by ear, but having the framework of Karmafied Combis/Programs right there for you provides better results.
I added a Nano Pad to simulate the way the M3 works, but the velocity scaling leaves much to be desired. The Kronos 'Pads' tab (e.g.combi>play>eq/vector/control>pads) is a good platform to work from, but not having the chord display is a weakness.
If there is a workaround/approach I have missed that addresses this I'd love to hear of it.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Controller Pads Chord Symbols Reply with quote

ccurry007 wrote:
Let's call this a feature request. Put a chord symbol display on the 'Pads' tab of both Program and Combi mode. Karma, while less capable on the Korg M3, is more accessible. For me this is primarily because of the visibility of chord symbols. The M3 has physical pads and the Karma RTC tab gives you a quick leadsheet of sorts. I can be more musical, faster, on the M3 than the Kronos. Sure, you can work by ear, but having the framework of Karmafied Combis/Programs right there for you provides better results.
I added a Nano Pad to simulate the way the M3 works, but the velocity scaling leaves much to be desired. The Kronos 'Pads' tab (e.g.combi>play>eq/vector/control>pads) is a good platform to work from, but not having the chord display is a weakness.
If there is a workaround/approach I have missed that addresses this I'd love to hear of it.

thats not a bad idea. But I think more robust software is needed to 'determine ' the chord name. That would involve processing the various notes and placing them against a map to 'solve '

I like big fat chords in my Songs. I have it worked out what Pads to push/play per song. I just adapted and didn't get flummoxed
ccurry007

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say chord diagnosis already exists in the Kronos (as in the M3). It's already available on the Kronos in the Karma GE page. I want to say it's just adding that function and output to controller pads page of program and combi mode.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccurry007 wrote:
I'd say chord diagnosis already exists in the Kronos (as in the M3). It's already available on the Kronos in the Karma GE page. I want to say it's just adding that function and output to controller pads page of program and combi mode.

I would forget about the m3. How many engines does it have ?
How many does the Kronos have ?

you are correct. I see that on the Karma GE.

That would suggest that karma is doing the heavy lifting on chord display.

But Karma is not part of the Pads page( or I don't see it) . I am not a software code writer and don't know what the limits and challenges are of having Karma scoop up on the Pads page.

My take is , if my guesswork is close to the truth, what you would like will never happen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: