Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thank you Korg

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drdave2002

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Thank you Korg Reply with quote

Yeah really, no sarcasm, no "can i have", no "wish we had..."

Simply, thank you! I hope you realise how much fun and joy you bring to us.
Korg Kronos 61, M3-73, Karma (all-time classic), X5, Wavestate, Roland Juno Gi, JV, D110, Arturia Microfreak, Modal Skulpt, IK Uno. Nanopad2, M-Audio Venom, Deepmind 12D, Crave, TB3, Maschine Mk3, Moog Werkstat and a few other bits
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Thank you Korg Reply with quote

drdave2002 wrote:
Yeah really, no sarcasm, no "can i have", no "wish we had..."

Simply, thank you! I hope you realise how much fun and joy you bring to us.

+1
timbukktwo

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

++1!
spaceman3
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+++1!
Korg is awesome!
Smile
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An amazing instrument in capable hands.

jones

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos is even an amazing instrument in incompetent hands.
Steve Pavao
KORG R&D

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, folks.
Schmooster

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be more gratitude here. I've experience of R&D in an unrelated industry but no less customer or application focussed, so I know the difference between making money use to be innovators and forfeiting a little cutting-edge innovation perhaps to address the 'desires and wishes' of customers not just what will sell well. So yeah, Thank-you people like Steve Pavao, and others too like Stephen Kay, Jordan Rudess and Toumas Holopainen.
Stephen who tirelessly dedicates his incredible talent to his timeless creation Karma and it's users for decades, because that wasn't created overnight - it's actually a privilege to get a response from a guy you respect so much; that man actually cares, and he's a fine composer too.
Jordan for his sound creation and keyboard wizardry, and Toumas for his ability as a composer who has integrated symphony and metal seamlessly and pretty much exclusively with Korg keys. From the creators of the tools to the creators of the sounds and creators of the music - Korg'men (and women no doubt) deserve a thank you. Genuinely.
Geez, can I not just keep it to like 3 lines? I'm sorry. I'll stfu and pi$$ off back up my ar$e. Wink
NormC

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schmooster wrote:
There should be more gratitude here. I've experience of R&D in an unrelated industry but no less customer or application focussed, so I know the difference between making money use to be innovators and forfeiting a little cutting-edge innovation perhaps to address the 'desires and wishes' of customers not just what will sell well.

I agree! Thanks Korg for continuing to support the Kronos Platform after all these years! It is the best instrument I have owned over the years.

Last edited by NormC on Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
mikeyd

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yessssssss!
UCanDream

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the risk of sounding cynical, Korg is ONLY looking out for Korg. Don't kid yourselves. However, their current (and past) business model ends up resulting in far more satisfied customers than remorseful buyers for sure. All the updates and support are by design intended to create a more seamless and bug-free instrument that requires their attention due to its complexities. What I mean by that is they have obliged themselves to doing updates due to the buggy nature of a technological endeavor this deep. But, in case you were ever confused: Korg is making you happy to remain on top of their game and at the pinnacle of this particular industry. Translated, that just means getting your denaro. It's always about and always will be about getting money out of our pockets and into theirs. But the combination of all this and much more is that we, the end users, are delighted by the musical horsepower, creative stimulus, and a pretty sweet UI that doesn't necessarily require a computer or a genius to operate. My studio is primarily Korg with a whole lot of overlapping gear. In the Big Three universe, what seems to separate Korg products from Yamaha and Roland is that Korg are developing products for musicians -- for people. Roland appear to be viewing us as lab rats. They are quick to abandon products that already have a disjointed and unfriendly interface that come supplied with manuals that could have been better written by third graders while Yamaha tries desperately to keep pumping life into a 17 year-old Motif line that has seen its best days long before now. (I own one and love it. It's an irreplaceable instrument in my music. Nothing that I've used really touches Korg. The combined package of their technologies, UIs, build quality, multiple engines, ease-of-use sequencers, etc. make them a force to be reckoned with. In spite of all my candid blather, I definitely like Korg synths, albeit, I won't thank them for wanting my money. lol -- Just sayin'. But I do appreciate that they realize that a happy musician is a repeat customer. Mix our positive experience with the Trinity, Triton, Oasys, and now the Kronos along with their greed and we all have a recipe that works great. Hah. Said like it really is. (It would be abashedly remiss of me not to acknowledge that there are some stellar Korg employees and techs. They're good at their work and just good people from all accounts. Thank YOU, all of you dudes and ladies that enjoy your work and willingly offer your insights and expertise with these great workstations. IMHO, that is the thanks that is due. Too, I am in no way chiding the OP, however. This is a valid topic.)
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks korg,but not just for Kronos, but all the other creative niche stuff you are bringing to the market.

The nanokey/studio being my latest korg purchase.

if possible please be little open about your file formats. There are a tonnes of good developers out there to capable of taking your product usability to the next level.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: