Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Switching sts locations

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RC

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Switching sts locations Reply with quote

This may have been answered before but I can't find anything in the search mode. My question is. When I set up my four sts sounds in song book can I go back and move number 4 to three and three to four. Can I do this without one of the sounds being erased and having to add it again.
If I have violin on number four and trumpet on three and I wand to switch them. I transffer violin into three. This then erases the trumpet. I now have a violin in three and four. I just want to switch them. Is the possible?
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is possible, but not in one go.
You'll need to (temporarily) save one of the two STS's as a performance.
Say you save STS4 as a performance.
You can then save STS3 to STS4.
Then recall the performance and save it as STS3.

You can erase the temp performance afterwards, if wanted.

Switch done.

Play in style. Wink
RC

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Switching sts locations Reply with quote

Frans.
I think I understand what you are saying. Take the sound , write the performance which goes to number one in the piano area. I think I understand what you are saying but I'm going to ask another dumb question. Where does the piano sound that I over write go . is it still listed somewhere
Thanks Rc
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

If you overwrite an STS, the original one will NOT be saved.
You'll need to do this manually first, by saving it as a performance.

So 'live' settings you use a lot (favorite piano setting(s), favorite organ setting(s) etcetera) are best saved as a Performance.

In your Songbook it's easy to select a performance and save it as one of the 4 STS's, so you have it at hand with a song directly (by a push of a STS-button).

Of course, you can change / finetune the STS for a specific song, but if you want to use it with other songs as well, again, save it as a performance.

By-the-way, in the PA4X, the term "Performance" is replaced by the term "Keyboard set".

Good luck & cheers,

Play in style. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: