Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kaossilator Pro+ (2 questions on MIDI control and sound)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
logicbdj@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Kaossilator Pro+ (2 questions on MIDI control and sound) Reply with quote

1. For some reason I get no sound from the Vocoder patches (#235-249); any clues?

2. I want to use the unit as a MIDI controller... I press shift + ext ctr (Cool and it works fine... I can trigger sounds from a different module. However, the Gate ARP function does not work. Am I able to make this work so that I can create an arpeggio effect with the sounds from a different module? Any direction helpful.
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not used the KO pro (just KP3) but here goes..

1 Vocoder needs an input signal to work with ,traditionally a vocal. I guess KOpro has an audio input..edit - yes it has a line in phono on back and a mic on the front. Try feeding it an external signal ,from a mic maybe or a radio station from your phone..anything really.

2 the midi isnt straight pitch note info - its midi continuous controller msgs . This makes it difficult to do what you ask. there is topics here about software that will convert your xy touch CC msgs to note on messages ,but you will have to look for them ..unless someone else can post here to help you.

Good luck Smile
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit - I jus re read your post.

You say (for 2) that your midi controller works fine with shift & ext control..
ok my KP3 sends midi CC 12 & 13 with XY commands (touch pad) when in normal playback mode. I would of thought that KOpro would be the same.
Can you try different settings on your hardware - look for CC settings and set them to 12 & 13. Guessing here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: