Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kaossilator 2s : Single or dual loop recording banks ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick_525

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Kaossilator 2s : Single or dual loop recording banks ? Reply with quote

Hello,

I have buy a kaossilator 2s, and the dealer at the shop sell me the kaossilator 2s for a dual loop recording banks, and after my test i dont see the dual loop recording banks, i see only 1 single (same inside the kaossilator 1).

Someone can tell me if i have to cry to have buy kaossilator 2s for a dual loop recording banks and finaly have only 1 single ?

Thanks for your answer.
mesoboy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original KO2 had two separate banks. The KO2S has one bank but it records each overdub as a separate wav, unlike the original where the overdubs weren't saved separately. The separate overdubbing of the KO2S effectively offers an undo feature and allows you to export each easily to Ableton for example. Both versions have their advantages and disadvantages - you need to decide what you're after.
As an aside, the mic/line in function of these two different versions are slightly different - on the KO2 you have to keep the mic button pressed to record an external signal whereas on the KO2S you press once to turn on and once to turn off. This means you can easily use the KO2S as a simple recording device.
Nick_525

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dealer at shop sell me something wrong, the shop lie to the buyer. Ok i understand you well. The kaossilator 2s havent two separate bank. I have buy a wrong machine. I would buy a kaossilator 2 for dual bank and dual performance not for a single bank performance same than the old kaossilator 1 (i am very happy to use year after year the kaoss 1), i already have a kaossilator 1 with a single bank i dont want and need another one same. I have to cry because kaossilator 2 isnt longer availlable and i have buy a wrong 2s with a half power system to mix.

Thx for your answer.
Nick_525

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In facts, the kaossilator 2s canot make uncut music, he are only for studio, to create short time song about same use than rock and folk singer inside album, electro isnt same. With only 1 bank isnt a instrument for live events, with correct time to play witout uncut music.

That for musicians who love to ear alone in studo and never use for live performance.
Nick_525

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say the kaoss 2 can records each overdub as a separate wav. if i want a separate wav to mix inside a computer i can do it with a kaossilator 1 and record each single dub inside software and mix togheter into overdub after, and i think that same with the kaossilator 2 without s.

Kaossilator1 have 2 half bank, and that still possible to delete the second bank and renew record without music cut break, i think the kaoss 2s havent this setting ?
Nick_525

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefere a pro sound with a wood machine than a beginner sound who use
a diamond box. I goin give it back to the dealer this kaoss 2s machine,
and continue with my kaossilator 1 as long i find a day to a real
kaossilator 2, not a smaller or 1,5 big
mesoboy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the overdubbing: each wav is only the new bit you've recorded, not all the parts together. As an example, you put down a kick loop, then a simple bass line, then a short lead line. Although you hear all three together on the KO2S, the three different parts are saved as individual wavs: 1) the kicks, 2) the bass line, 3) the lead. It's what Korg call sound-on-sound recording.
mesoboy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or get a Kaossilotor Pro, it's got 4 banks (and 4 bars)
Nick_525

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No i dont like the pro, i already use own friend sometime and the arpégiator are very very bad and i dont like. That only for inside room with a mix table, if someone want sell me a kaoss pro for 50$ i dont buy it, that very bad to play, you realy like work with this kaossilator pro ? Do you know someone good who play live event with kaoss pro ? tell me where i wanna ear. For me isnt serious.
Nick_525

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"the three different parts are saved as individual wavs: "

Which use ?with kaossilator 1 that same if i want send each sound inside a computer the indvidual wave and mix sound outside kaossilator ! isnt a problem !
Nick_525

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already can work each individual sound Inside a computer wth kaossilator 1 , i can send each sound, i dont need something much, i havent wait the 2s for that.
Nick_525

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the kaossilator 2s problem need or request a work wav outside to make something good later and not straight inside kaossilator i can do it same with a kaoss 1.
Nick_525

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like that i can make a mp3 with my kaossilator 1 to ear later to my mp3 radio. That same with kaoss 2s.
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaoscillator 1 rocks!
I kind of prefer KO1 over KO2 .The synth sounds more whole, less bitty if that makes sense.

Have you tried the 16 beat hack? The loop lasts twice as long (16 beats - but no making safe ability).
Hold the right two buttons while powering up. So turn off, hold rec & bpm then turn power on. Now go into beat length mode (hold rec & bpm again) . Now select 16 beats instead of 8.
Nick_525

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me i want use a kaossilator for live performance music not for record to ear mp3.

After 2 days trying the ko2s sound seem much deep and less trance than the first ko1.To run 16 beats ko1 need push middle and right button and start kaoss on. 16 beats can be good on record studio but not for live event. I already see some bugs. But i think the 2 or 2s havent this 16 beats setting. I think the 2 or 2s have same sounds , the 2s sounds seem good in over all compare with the kaoss1 may be arpégiator have to much fast beats effect with the 2. And the ko1 have may be much differents size bass.

Usualy with kaoss1 i love the 32" arpegiator style for house music or detroit drums i dont like much long size leads and i prefere use chords and i prefere drums with nice arpégiator than drum paterns with a own arpegiator. May be i would 5 drum much and 5 lead less.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: