Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Studio Aftertouch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject: Studio Aftertouch Reply with quote

The aftertouch works GREAT, BUT it's too good. It triggers on hi velocity initial keystrokes and is more like an on off switch. I know about the curves in global settings but it's just not enough.

I know there's a board with adjustment pots to adjust it right, but have no experience with it....anyone actually adjust these pots to get reasonable aftertouch?
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Triton aftertouch pretty much applies to many Korgs from Triton and before. Surely someone has adjusted the pots on the board, or knows how to.
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this page that describes adjustment of the 2 pots for the M1, I'm wondering if it's the same method for the Triton Series:

https://medias.audiofanzine.com/files/how-to-adjust-the-aftertouch-sensitivity-for-a-korg-m1-476478.pdf
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The schematics for the aftertouch circuitry for the M1 and the Triton are essentially the same. One or two components are different, presumably due to availability issues, but the circuit operation and critical component values are identical, so adjustment should also be the same for both. The Wavestation keyboard also uses the same aftertouch circuit.

John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
The schematics for the aftertouch circuitry for the M1 and the Triton are essentially the same. One or two components are different, presumably due to availability issues, but the circuit operation and critical component values are identical, so adjustment should also be the same for both. The Wavestation keyboard also uses the same aftertouch circuit.

Thanks man, sincerely. Don't know why they set it like this from the factory. It's pretty wonky. Will post results after I tweak it.

Again, TY!
rhydermike

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John01W wrote:

Thanks man, sincerely. Don't know why they set it like this from the factory. It's pretty wonky. Will post results after I tweak it.

Again, TY!

I'd be interested in hearing about your results. I consider my machine to be too sensitive as well. I often have to go into the event editor and remove all of the aftertouch data to remove the warbles.
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhydermike wrote:
John01W wrote:

Again, TY!

I'd be interested in hearing about your results. I consider my machine to be too sensitive as well. I often have to go into the event editor and remove all of the aftertouch data to remove the warbles.

Haven't been able to do it yet...but the Triton Studio(like many previous hi end Korgs with synth action) used the Yamaha FS-61 keybed....adjusting aftertouch on these goes as follows:

The "OFFSET ADJ" pot should be set so as there is no aftertouch value when no keys are pressed. This sets how much pressure you need for aftertouch to kick in.

The "GAIN ADJ" pot adjust how fast the aftertouch value increases with pressure after it has kicked in.

Mark the pot with a sharpie for factory position....
rhydermike

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John01W wrote:

Haven't been able to do it yet...but the Triton Studio(like many previous hi end Korgs with synth action) used the Yamaha FS-61 keybed....adjusting aftertouch on these goes as follows:

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhydermike wrote:
John01W wrote:

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Very cool, please post your results when you do!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: