Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to successfully Upgrade to OS V2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: How to successfully Upgrade to OS V2 Reply with quote

Many user might face updating issues because of their PC/Mac association of extracted files with their installed compression
utilities like 7zip/Rar/Zip or system default , that treat those files in different ways.
For those that V2 update did not worked , try again the following :

- First of all make sure that you will download the proper OS v.2 for your Pa4X version International/Oriental or Musikant.

(XXX = UPD or PKG , usually newer production line of Pa4X requires UPD format)

- Insert an empty thumb flash drive bigger or equal to 4 GB in front Pa4X USB slot and From Media / format it.

Case 1 : older compressed files in one downloading file :
International OS source : https://s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com/korg.com/Pa4X_OS2_PKG.zip
- Click on downloaded file , choose from right mouse click menu to decompress file "here" , choose the whole extracted folder
"Pa4X_OS_and_Resources_v200.XXX" (one of three extracted) and copy it in your USB thumb drive.
- Open copied file "Pa4X_OS_and_Resources_v200.XXX" with your PC/Mac and verify that "Pa4X_OS_and_Resources_v200.xxx"
or "...001-005(006 Musikant/Oriental) monolithic only files are included and not subfolders !

Case 2 : newer splitted to segments downloads from Korg website :
International OS source : http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/516/3610/
- download all segments "Pa4X_OS_and_Resources_v200.XXX.001-005(6).zip" in the same level/folder (for instance downloads folder).
- Click on every downloaded file there , choose from right mouse click menu to decompress every file "here"
- If 7zip is your default program , just use "extract" tab !
- Copy all extracted monolithic files "Pa4X_OS_and_Resources_v200.XXX.001" up to .005 (or .006 for Musikant & Oriental) in the root
of formatted USB thumb drive.

Pa4X BIOS definitely requires all splitted to segments files to be in the same level and not in subfolders , so the contents for Upgrade
must be the following !

example wrote:
(XXX = UPD or PKG)

Example of the right splitted to segments files format :
Pa4X_OS_and_Resources_v200.XXX.001
Pa4X_OS_and_Resources_v200.XXX.002
Pa4X_OS_and_Resources_v200.XXX.003
Pa4X_OS_and_Resources_v200.XXX.004
Pa4X_OS_and_Resources_v200.XXX.005
Pa4X_OS_and_Resources_v200.XXX.006 (Musikant and Oriental only)

Example of the right non splitted file format :
Pa4X_OS_and_Resources_v200.XXX

- Insert USB stick in Pa4X slot , enter in Pa4X update mode , browse USB stick for "Pa4X_OS_and_Resources_v200.XXX" folder
open it (in case 1) and in both cases , click on file "Pa4X_OS_and_Resources_v200.xxx.001" choose the only option "Format & Reset"
and proceed to update system will verify the integrity of all files (time is depended from media read speed) , then will ask you to restart
Pa4X and update will finish after 16-17 minutes.
If you still get message "files are invalid" , then either files are separated in subfolders nor have further decompression that needed !
Remember that a succesfully decompressed file is never corrupted , so re-downloading is a time wasting !

You can also DIY , copying all those extracted files in separate folders , in the same folder/root and then Upgrade
clicking on any of them , There is no incomplete/wrong upgrade ... system will check everything and if upgrade
procedure will finish then all are done in the proper way !!!

As the epilogue , the last available downloading file there , out of main OS files , called "Pa4X_OS_Documentation.zip"
includes among PDFs the "Pa4X v2 User Resources.set" that has the newly added resources STYLES & KEYBOARDSET
that are very useful in case that your Saved.SET has overwritten those new resources , since all were placed in User positions !

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:33 am; edited 10 times in total
Bernie9

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antony,
I must say that, am I not only impressed by your knowledge, but thankful for your willingness to share it with us,
Hammond SK1
Bakhat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the help, I will try to understand the instruction you have kindly offered but not 100% sure I understood, I will give it a go

Never had this complication with OS updates!
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems complicated since I've covered all cases with details , actually it's simple ! Wink
Normally if all of you will follow described workflow , I stronly believe that you will successfully achieve it.
Note that according to separated downloading links , CASE 2 is what you need !

As the epilogue , the last available downloading file there , out of main OS files , called "Pa4X_OS_Documentation.zip"
includes among PDFs the "Pa4X v2 User Resources.set" that has the newly added resources STYLES & KEYBOARDSET
that are very useful in case that your Saved.SET has overwritten those new resources , since all were placed in User positions !

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Bakhat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Anthony, thanks for the support really apprisiate

I did manage to load the v2 but unsure if all when well, here is awht happend

The new OS is now in my pa4x
The new styles and sounds are in User
When I load my own oriental set -made off several sets from defferent korg pa
the set then is loaded to user therfore all the new styles and souds from new OS are canceled
Is this means I have to do a factory restore every time I need to access my set and same when I need to access the new OS styles...?
Also the User Direct is now unavailable and always greyed
Any further advise please

Thanks for your time
Khalid
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The UserDirect option , as said in the update manual, has been moved to global settings!
You can go to global to select which folder you want and then it ll be ok!
Also you can save the new styles of v2 as a set and load what you need on top of your previous set!!
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khalid , read second part of my previous post !
Open file Pa4X v2 User Resources.set and load every bank of KBD Set or Styles at empty users of your SET.
- If you don't have any free space at all then use this SET as "DIRECT"
- Go to Global/Mode Preferences/Media/ click Browse and assign any Direct you want , one at a time.
You'd better copy all direct sets you want to use in the same media or internal HD .

PS : Musiccankill (but finally did't Laughing ) , fine timing synchronization !

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also you can save the new styles of v2 as a set and load what you need on top of your previous set!!

...or you can load them later by downloading this bonus SET:- http://www.korg.com/download/global/paseries/bonusware/Styles%20-%20vol.%2027.zip

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: How to successfully Upgrade to OS V2 Reply with quote

I'm since a week the lucky owner of the Korg Pa4X 76 Oriental, and think this was a very good thing to buy.

(just in order to do a few things as a hobby that I like and understand as long the neighbours don't give a signal to stop with this)

On the internet one get in the English forums used to the words "This said", "However, ....", "The downside is ....".

So I will hopefully not be a exception to all the people who are writing on the internet in the English forums "This said".

However, I prefer it on the internet after that I indicated "This said." that I am hopefully for a very, very, very long time able not to write words like "However, ....", "The downside is ....".

So this said is in the first week that a totally newbie for Korg who wants to do his of her thing the good and bad thing that the Korg Pa4X 76 Oriental is actually not good to compare with Yamaha CVP-409, that is now standing in another room. What I will not do.

So this said I thought maybe it's a good thing that I safe something somewehere on the Korg, but with the manual it didn't work in my case.

So this said I realised that it maybe has something to do with an update first to version 2.0, and after this to version 2.1.

So this said I bought yesterday a new usb flasdrive of 64 GB, which I formatted to the "Fat" and something format of Windows 10.

So this said I read this forum about what to do with an update.

So this said I went to "media" in order to format the usb flasdrive in a undoubtely for Korg better way again.

So this said I inserted the new formatted usb flasdrive.

So this said all what I see is a screen with the letters

"korg disk/hd/sd connection

enable/disable

options

device

disk [korg disk]
hd [korg hd]"

So I'm according to the screen as totally newbie for Korg able to enable or disable something that I don't want,

and maybe after this able to format the korg disk and the korg hd, that I don't want,

but unfortunately I'm not able to format the new usb flasdrive.

So this said, when I switch the korg off, and start the korg again, everything is working perfectly well,

although it is for a totally newbie for Korg who is living in a flat with neighbours and who doesn't want all the time to sit with a headphone on his or her ears in the first week to understand in which situation the drawbars are working for the volume.

So this said I hope that I have overlooked a simple thing before I will ask the profesional dealer what to do in the case of a update and what is the best thing to do when one wants to use the drawbars.
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: How to successfully Upgrade to OS V2 Reply with quote

"(...) So this said I hope that I have as totally Korg newbie and also totally Korg dummy on the digital internet overlooked a simple thing before I will ask the professional analoge dealer what to do in the analoge case of a update and what is the best analoge thing to do when one wants to use the analoge drawbars, so that the analoge neighbours will be finally in the end as happy with the Korg as I will be just until the end of times. (...)"
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, the update to v2.0 is very simple to do. There are excellent tutorials on youtube that guide you if you are unsure about how to execute the steps in the included documentation.

here are the videos you can use:
English video update to v2.0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJj3jdwUkts

Dutch video (in het Nederlands update naar v2.0)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_YwL8IR_wA
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: How to successfully Upgrade to OS V2 Reply with quote

Mr. QuiRobinez,

Thank you very much for your clear information for how to succesfully upgrade to OS V2!

I did every step exactly as been said in the youtube film.

So I came after a search with google with "succesfully update korg pa4x 76 oriental 2.0 upd version"

at the link

http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/572/3611/

So in my case with a slow connection NOT the link

http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/572/3612/

for the PKG version.

So after the download WINZIP extracted the zip files to a new usb flash drive/usb-stick.

And then,

so in the system update modus after the touch screen calibration,

it's in the screen that follows not possible to point out that there is a usb-flash drive/usb-stick with the upd update files.

So I switched the Korg off and switched the Korg after that again on.

And then the miracle happened again: everything is still working perfectly!

So maybe I should do in my case something with the driver Pa4X ORIENTAL/KORG USB-MIDI Driver (for Windows 10).

So this said I hope that I have as totally Korg newbie and also totally Korg dummy on the digital internet still overlooked a simple thing before I will ask tomorrow the professional analoge dealer what to do in the analoge case of a UPD update and what is the best analoge thing to do on the road to Rome when one wants to use the analoge drawbars, so that the analoge neighbours will be on the road to Rome finally in the end as happy with the Korg as I will be just until the end of times.
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: How to successfully Upgrade to OS V2 Reply with quote

PS

At this very moment the Korg is with all kinds of styles, songs, sounds and sequencers still working perfectly!

(albeit in a old version, but nevertheless!)

So this said am I still very happy with the Korg!

There must be a digital explanation for the fact that in my case the manual doesn't work for saving a setting on the digital instrument.

So maybe there is somewhere on the Korg the possibility just to rename a preset, what is at first sight at the Yamaha CVP-409 more clear,

(anyway for people who will never have a clue what is behind the preset that is presented by the professional factory, what they don't mind at all!)

and especially for the neighbours on the road to Rome one or the other way to change the volume of for instance the piano, the bass and the drums for instance in the case that the keyboard is "splitted".

So this said, Mr. QuiRobinez thanks again for your excellent and still clear analoge support for a succesful update for the excellent Korg!
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: How to successfully Upgrade to OS V2 Reply with quote

This said I went to the professional dealer who understood that everything on the Korg was perfectly working.

Albeit that the korg didn't recognize a usb flashdrive for one or the other reason.

So the dealer said that I should update with the fast connection UPD files.

This said I'm now in a wifi in the following digital modus:

I have checked UPD or PKG.

So I must have bought a week ago the "UPD" version of the Korg.

I have googled "korg pa4x oriental update to 2.0 UPD fast version".

After that I came on the digital weblink

http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/link/0/572/3618/

Here it is where I'm able to download in a analoge wifi from the digital internet with a analoge slow connection in about 8 hours the digital update file

"Pa4X ORIENTAL Operating System version 2.0 UPD Full version (for fast connections) 2017.06.30"

After this I'm sure that everything with this tiny digital luxury problem on the UPD Korg will still work perfectly!

This said I will be whatsoever what still very happy with the exellent UPD Korg!

This said am I of course prepaired to go back to the professional dealer in the rare case that this is not true.
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:25 am    Post subject: How to successfully Upgrade to OS V2 Reply with quote

This said the rare case is just in the here and now true: everything except the brandnew usb-flashdrive with the just extracted files for the update to version 2.0 is perfectly working!

So it must be that the young Korg is just rejecting the usb-sticks of the people who were with their greazy fingers doing a kind of very unprofessional hobby on a Yamaha,

what of course everybody can understand.

However, I must say that my fingers were most of the time at the Yamaha not at all greazy.

So this said I'm of course prepaired to see if the professional dealer and Korg in the Netherlands

http://www.korg.com/nl/support/contact/

have a digital or analoge solution for this tiny luxury problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: