Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USB HOST port failure as a MIDI IN port

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rmcdaniel222

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: USB HOST port failure as a MIDI IN port Reply with quote

As the upgrade manual for the new v.2.0 operating system stated “The USB HOST port can be used to connect other musical instruments to be used as controllers,” I successfully downloaded the upgrade and was soon playing the new Italian piano sound using my 88 key Korg SG-I via a midi cable from the OUT midi port of the SG-I set to channel 1 attached to the IN midi port of the Pa4x. (Global/Midi channel 1 set to Upper 3). I next tried to test using the USB HOST port for midi input. For my midi-USB interface, I used a Cakewalk UM-3, and when I plugged in the UBS cable of the UM-3 to the Pa4a USB HOST port, the UM-3’s LED USB light lit up red. I then plugged the midi cable from the midi out port of the Korg SG-1 I was using as a controller to the midi IN port of the UM-3 and when I played notes on the the SG-1, the midi LED flickered. Unfortunately, I did not hear the Italian piano or anything else. Is this failure due to a bug or is there something I can do to rectify this problem?
Thank you.
Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: