Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stiff Pads On New Electribe 2?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bharris22

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Stiff Pads On New Electribe 2? Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping there may be some Electribe 2 owners/users who could help me with a question. I just purchased a brand new Electribe 2, and noticed that the 8 pads on the right side are super stiff, to the point where there is hardly any tactile response when playing them (even though they do work with enough effort). The 8 pads on the left side, on the other hand, are perfect. Is this type of difference between the travel of the pads on the right and left sides normal? This is my second unit, as the previous one I bought (which I just returned because of this issue) had pads that traveled nicely on the right side, but the left ones were exceptionally stiff. If this type of variation in the two banks of pads is normal I will keep the unit, but if all of the pads should have the same nice click to them when pressed in the middle of the pad, I will return/exchange this unit, too.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Sulfur

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the pads should all give the same tactile response but a certain range of difference could be possibile. On my unit there is but I would say it's very subtle and random.
From a description it's difficult to understand what you mean by stiff and perfect (most of all this one) and how much of a difference there is between them. Maybe you could go to a local store and get your hands on another unit to see if it's normal or not. Otherwise, does it affect the use of your electribe? The answer will tell you what to do.
bharris22

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your response. When I say "perfect," I mean that I can press the middle of the pad, with little effort, and I get a satisfying click that sounds the note. When I say stiff (for the right side pads), if I press hard in the middle of the pad there is little to no travel, and no click. Pressing on one of the corners of the pad, with some force, does eventually get the click, but it does not feel nearly the same (and is not nearly as easy to press) as the ones that I have called "perfect".

I will try the unit again tonight, but I think I will try to exchange it one more time.
mimboburo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Did you swap your electribe or keep it? Mine have the same problem and I am trying to decide if I should keep it or send it back. Maybe it will go away in time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: