Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

motu micro express and Roland RC202

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickmostly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: motu micro express and Roland RC202 Reply with quote

I tried posting this at Roland and motu forums and got no response. The motu and softstep are running the the PA600 jus fine, thot maybe you guys can help, you been great!!
heres the post:
Hello: new to the forum and new to this level of midi control
I have a Roland rc 202 that I am attempting to control with the Kieth McMillan Softstep 2. I had it working using the rc 202 cc’s 80 81 82 83. Controlling play/record and stop functions for both channels. Here’s the rub. I had it working perfectly and it just quit. At the time I was using the Motu Micro Express to controll other devices as well and thought maybe there was a tel- tale cc coming from somewhere else. So I disconnected the motu and ran the Softstep direct to the rc202 to troubleshoot. Nothing… I have tried every variation I can think of in programming the softstep, including duplictating the original settings that worked (for a while). I did a factory reset on the rc202, checked the midi and control setting bout 100x. The softstep is working fine as Ive tested it with other devices, I’ve switched cords… There is no perceivable communication. Any Ideas?
I am new at using midi this way and am probably missing something obvious. Thanx Much!!
tacman7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to troubleshoot with only one device.

I would hook that softstep up to a computer and record and inspect what's coming out of it.

Same with trying to send some midi to the 202 from the computer to see if responds.

Check configuration of both devices, many have midi over usb as an option and if that's set then it ignores the legacy midi port.

Look through all configuration choices, maybe the midi channel to use has changed on one of the devices. That's something you would see in the troubleshooting.

Change cables maybe or test them.

Gremlins are hard to find sometimes.

Good luck!
nickmostly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Thanx tacman Reply with quote

I just got all new cables, tho I already switched and tested em, but there different colors, which may reduce operator errors: ) The sofstep Ive tested on the computer but the rc202 I have not. Will do. I did check the settings on the rc202 many times and made sure it is set to receive midi. It is getting the signal from the clock when I have the Korg in the system with the motu and when it is hooked directly to the Korg.
Midi channel changed... hmmm.. see in the troubleshooting? you mean when I have it hooked to the computer?
I was looking at reinstalling driver on the rc202, but that seens to only have to do with the usb.
thanx much for your patience, this is new for me and I'm hoping my terminology is ok. My understanding of midi is still vague in some areas.

I think its aliens actually, well... gremlins could be aliens...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: