Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kontrol 49 failed Keyboard and menu functions Solved.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxExtreme2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Korg Kontrol 49 failed Keyboard and menu functions Solved. Reply with quote

Hello to everyone in the forum, I found Kontrol 49 with this problem after using it 4 times bought new 4 years ago. I've read that there are many people here who have not been able to understand and solve the failure.

The problem is this: The defective menu buttons, 2 keys for all the failed octave keyboards, can not update firmware to 1.06.

The problem was not on the flats connecting the keys, not the firmware. The KORG MC49 chip was pretty much blocked. To unlock it you have to turn off the keyboard to make a bridge with the pond on missing resistance R 24 Near the KORG MC49 chip; Then you must turn on the keyboard and move the SWITCH2 internal selector on the motherboard in both positions. You have to play this again then take the tidal deck off and turn it on until the chip is flashing and the keys start to ring all over again. After unlocking this situation, you can upgrade the firmware to the 1.06 vice (remember that the firmware is only updated using win XP SP3)

Unfortunately I do not know what this blockage is due to, I discovered it by accident after reviewing and measuring all the ties attached to the keys and after reworking many welds, 2 days of work. Then I thought too many things did not have 2 keys for every octave that did not play, some menus on the locked menu, could not update and could only depend on the block processor chip. Then seeing that there was no resistance near the processor I came up with the idea of trying.

I put the link of a photo to make the situation clearer.

http://imgur.com/a/8nN2L

Sorry for the English translation not good but I used google translator.

I'm glad to have solved the problem Very Happy and hope to have done what is good at the forum and I greet everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: