Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Microkey 61 air compatibility with ipad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MartieFuncum

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Microkey 61 air compatibility with ipad Reply with quote

The set up I'm trying to get to work is the following...

an ipad pro docked on a Focusrite itrack Dock with:

A microkey air 61

A nanokey studio

A nanokontrol studio

I don't think the microkey air 61 is compatible with the Focusrite in the sense that I will have to power that separately with a USB port (with the other two devices also connected) which is powered by a 5v plug. What concerns me is that I had a microkey 61 (non-air version) and I could NOT power it unless via a PC and I'm worried the air is the same (and just want to check before I buy one). If I CAN power the air and hook it up to the ipad via USB midi Bluetooth then it's problem solved so I really could do with knowing if a microkey air 61 can be powered by anything other than a PC?

Many thanks
slug

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe just use the MicroKEY Air USB input for power from a phone charger etc and use bluetooth connection to the iPad?

From memory iOS support was added with MicroKEY2 range (which includes Air).
MartieFuncum

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slug wrote:
Maybe just use the MicroKEY Air USB input for power from a phone charger etc and use bluetooth connection to the iPad?

From memory iOS support was added with MicroKEY2 range (which includes Air).

Cheers, I now have the microkey air can get it powered with batteries and via a PC connected USB but not a USB hub or phone charger...which is weird as I'm using my nanokey studio with a phone charger (but not my nanokontrol studio as the appallingly flimsy micro USB slot broke after about 2 days!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: