Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nanokontrol2 New User

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mfarrer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Nanokontrol2 New User Reply with quote

Hello, just picked up a Nanokontrol2 and sadly have spent hours so far attempting to set it up. I have an older laptop, but I think it's supported, running windows vista 32 bit. And I use Ableton Live version 8. There is no official driver listed by Korg for vista, even though Korg does say that vista is supported.

So far I've gotten Ableton live (version Cool to map a slider. But, the thing is none of the transport buttons seem to do anything when I press them. Am I using the correct "mode" for Ableton? I have tried several of the "modes" (i.e. combinations of buttons you press when you connect the nanokontrol2).

I suspect the issue has to do with the driver? I have just allowed vista to automatically install the driver when I plug in the device. But again, there is no driver listed for vista. Should I download the most recent driver for windows 10? And then, could I run it in compatability mode for vista?

I have already been through removing certain midi ports and going into the registry and deleting the entry for port 1. The korg editor, well, under "set midi ports", it does display the nanokontrol2. However, when I first start up the editor, it does not show that it is detecting the nanokontrol2.

I haven't found this combination of symptoms anywhere online, but then as a new user I don't know where to start as far as troubleshooting. Hoping to get this sorted prior to the 2-3 business days Korg will take to respond to my email. Thanks very much to the community for any ideas of what to try next!
mfarrer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:53 am    Post subject: update Reply with quote

OK, so after a bunch of time, I've gotten the faders and buttons to work.

However, the knobs are not working correctly. When I turn them, the values jump all over the plays. Like from zero, to max, and in some case increasing when the knob turns counterclockwise.

Still wondering if this is a driver problem? I did find a vista driver posted on the korg site but still having this issue. Has anyone encountered a problem specifically with knobs behaving erratically?

Could it be something I could solve with the Kontrol Editor?
mfarrer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:13 am    Post subject: solved Reply with quote

solved by restoring to factory settings in Kontrol Editor, and not enabling Ableton "daw" mode.
Jang

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: nK2 on Mac Reply with quote

Just cruising this forum and glad to see you finally got things working.

I've had my nK2 for over a year now and went through all the hoops at first too.

I am on a Mac here, myself, and finally discovered that the best thing here was to actually uninstall any drivers, and work in what they call Apple "Class Compliant mode". Apple has Generic drivers included in the OS for just about any kind of hardware device. My DAW is Logic Pro X and everything on the nano works as its supposed to. I would think that Windows should have something like that too.The knobs on the top are for panning and I can see them move in my DAW as I move them on the nano.

Yes, the nK2 has it's own default setup which it seems to load automagically each time it starts up and it 'just works' without any drivers at all here.

It's a handy little device.
jasonology

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:42 am    Post subject: having trouble Reply with quote

Hi all, nanokontrol newbie here also.
I have only had partial success with it and Logic Express 9.1.8.

I installed the MIDI drivers and installed the control surface file from the Korg site.

It appears as a control surface and I can manually map things such as a slider to the volume of a channel strip.

I thought this would all be done for me, but fair enough.

Can’t get the Play, Stop buttons to work as MMC.

Also, can I somehow press a button and switch between Mackie-style channel strip control and generic CCs that I can map for synths?
Jang

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you actually tried the NK2 without the drivers ?
It shows in the manual which files to delete.
There’s actually 2 drivers and something in the Avid folder to erase.

There’s also this, which holds your settings, which will be re-created automatically.
~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.cs
(“~” means your account name/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.cs)

also Do a search at LogicProHelp ; https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/
Use; “nanoKontrol2” for a search pharase and there’s a ton of threads over there you can learn much from.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: