Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg 05 rw - Problem with sequencer / channels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danser

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Korg 05 rw - Problem with sequencer / channels Reply with quote

Fifteen years ago (or more) I had a Korg 05 rw. I used it with Cakewalk. Everything worked well: the control channel allowed me to change the bank of sounds, choose the instrument, etc. I have all .mid files from that time. Unfortunately the Korg stopped working, and I could not repair it.
I now buy a Korg 05 rw. I have a Focusrite 6i6 sound card. And a laptop with win7. I loaded one of those old midi files into Reaper. I can not make all the Korg instruments work. Only those that are in channel 1 or another channel that I indicate within Global settings of the Korg. But always one, not the 8 that, as I recall, the Korg can use simultaneously.
I also tried the old Cakewalk. And the same thing happens.
I do not know if the problem is in the Korg 05 rw, or maybe the Focusrite 6i6 is the problem. (I remember that 20 years ago I had a midi musiquest plate ...).

This is the problem! Some help?

Thanks!!!!!
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be sure that the 05R/W is in multi mode. Double check the MIDI channels in Reaper to make sure each track has a MIDI channel assigned and is sending to the correct port. I feel like DAWs are more complicated these days when it comes to controlling hardware MIDI.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: