Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sound Plays Wrong When Assigned to Midi Channel 2?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sutekh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Sound Plays Wrong When Assigned to Midi Channel 2? Reply with quote

OK. This is ridiculous, but it's happening. On one of my combinations, when I assign a solo synth sound to midi channel 1 everything is fine, but when I play the same sound assigned to channel 2, there's a clicking in the sound. This makes no sense whatsoever- all other parameters are the same, the only thing changed is the Midi channel and nothing else is assigned to this channel.

The idea is to control it with a keytar. The main sound (basic synth like "jump") is on channel 1 for the song, but the solo is on channel 2 so I can switch back and forth from the keytar.

The click sound is similar to the Minilogue's infamous"click". It's not a percussion sound or another sound layered with it by mistake, It's kinda like there's a very quick portamento on the sound that's not tracking correctly. It makes all my fast notes sound really sloppy.

Is there some sort of latency in Midi channel 2 that's not present in channel 1?

I have the same combo saved twice in the Kross- the only difference in any parameter is the midi channel assignments. And no, I will not just simply use the sound on channel 1 because I need to play the other sound on channel 1 on the Kross itself. It's not feasible to do this.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Mmh, seems strange. Are you sure that the keytar is sending pure notes and nothing else extra?
What if you, as an experiment, assign the solo sound to channel 1 and configure the keytar to channel 1 as well. If you then play on the keytar, how does it sound?

Did you create the combo from factory programs and combination? If so which ones? Someone here on the forum may try to reproduce it.

Bye
sutekh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fine on channel 1. It plays wrong on channel 2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: