Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moog Subsequent 37

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Moog Subsequent 37 Reply with quote

Moogs smart answer to all cloning efforts? Not to be confused with the Moog Susequent 37 CV limited edition some months ago, which has CV, a higher price - and a colour I don't like. Smile Now, at a reasonable price, without CV and in a colour that fits into my home studio, but with all the sonic goodies of the limited edition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS8syO7u0fY&feature=youtu.be

Instead of clinging to the past, they offer the next generation 256-presets, 2voice-paraphonic universal Moog weapon, with enough low end reminding a lot of the Model D, and with lots of fat (s)cream overdrive for present musical purposes.

Specs:
https://www.moogmusic.com/products/phattys/subsequent-37
They also have learned their lesson compared to former Moogs:
"FREE SOFTWARE EDITOR – Works as a DAW plugin or as a standalone editor."

Sorry Behringer Model D: still an option any time, at that fantastic price.
BUT: to me this Moog sounds SO much more interesting musically, and still at a reasonable price, that my next Moog will definitely be this!
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Occasionally my music store has a great deal. A 6 month interest free payment plan. If I'm allowed, as in if it's in the budget, I'm planning on getting one through that route.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
pink elefant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf: yes Smile

and an inside moogerfooger delay. That would be the perfect live solo-synth. It is already the most beautiful one.
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A stunner. I'll be getting one. The Sub37 is already a modern classic. The extra headroom and filter characteristics of the Subsequent37 (that seem like a nod back to the classic Moog sound) improve upon it.

It amazes me how they have packed so much into this small package, including keyboard velocity and aftertouch, and for it not to seem overwhelming. A thing of beauty.

The Subsequent37, the Pro2 and the Matrixbrute are the monophonic / paraphonic synths of the 21st century, and by a country mile, the most exciting synthesizers on the market today (the Oberheim 2 voice is also exquisite, but at effectively twice the price of the Subsequent37, it's just unobtainable for most of us).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: