Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Love some feedback...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ingar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Love some feedback... Reply with quote

I love my Tyros 5, and know that is is the best one can get..But, I getting older and still want to go on gig's, but my Tyros is heavy and cumbersome to drag around. I want a smaller and lighter one with build in speakers, and tried prs 950 and 970, but I did not like them at all. And the sound from speakers was awful. Real bad it was, in my ears thoe, and a noisy keybed.

So, i look to Korg and PA 900...??? What is your point of view?

Regards Ingar
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: os Reply with quote

I have a pa4x now. I did own pa900 and loved it will do about 90% of what the PA4x does , the PA4 has a better plan of sound guitars drums. But if you're working in a nursing home retirement home or dirty sleazy bar 90% of the people cannot tell the difference between a $50.00 Casio piano and a $10,000 Yamaha grand. The music goes by so fast and it's blended in with drums guitars and other instruments you can't really hear the difference. If you're doing a solo piano job, you can hear the difference ,, and about 10% of the audience would hear the difference.
I must say again there is a difference between thea900 and pa4x ,, and some more bells and whistles but if you listen to this YouTube video that compares the 900 to the P a 3 they are close,,

This is my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRBbC59M_3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH34BmueQtg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qkRePGXOTc
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think that if you did not like the 950 nor the 970 that the Korg 900 will be satisfactory for you. You seem to be locked in to loving the Tyros 5. That mind set would seem to preclude being attracted to any other PA system; especially a lower end system from any manufacturer. Stay with what you love and put up with the size and cumbersome issues. The PA4x with the paas sound system would be worthy rival to your Tyros 5 and would actually save you money in comparison against the Tyros price, if you seriously want an alternative. Better product than the Tyros in my judgement. FWIW

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
ingar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitecrawler wrote:
I do not think that if you did not like the 950 nor the 970 that the Korg 900 will be satisfactory for you. You seem to be locked in to loving the Tyros 5. That mind set would seem to preclude being attracted to any other PA system; especially a lower end system from any manufacturer. Stay with what you love and put up with the size and cumbersome issues. The PA4x with the paas sound system would be worthy rival to your Tyros 5 and would actually save you money in comparison against the Tyros price, if you seriously want an alternative. Better product than the Tyros in my judgement. FWIW

I see what you are writing. I had Korg 800 once and enjoyed it very well. The operating system was simpler and more intuitive than Yamaha's. Also tested pa 600 at my dealer and liked the sound as well.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ingar wrote:
Also tested pa 600 at my dealer and liked the sound as well.

be aware Pa600 has different keys, Pa600 doesn't have AfterTouch, which is only major different from Pa900 (at least for me Wink )
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
ingar wrote:
Also tested pa 600 at my dealer and liked the sound as well.

be aware Pa600 has different keys, Pa600 doesn't have AfterTouch, which is only major different from Pa900 (at least for me Wink )

Well pa600 doesn't have mp3 recording too..
Pa600 has half the factory rom (256mb vs 512mb on 900)..
There are other things different but these ones do make a huge improvement along with the ones you mentioned!
ORGANGRINDER

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not trade my pa900 for any yamaha including the tyros 5. the 900 will do anything you need and I think it sounds better. This is coming from a
yamaha fan on 20+ years.

MEL
ingar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ORGANGRINDER wrote:
I would not trade my pa900 for any yamaha including the tyros 5. the 900 will do anything you need and I think it sounds better. This is coming from a
yamaha fan on 20+ years.

MEL

I can well understand that. I have more than 600 songs stored in my Tyros, and I realize that I have to start over again.....if I get me a Korg Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: