Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How To Use Pads to Connect Two 2 Styles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fjs714

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: How To Use Pads to Connect Two 2 Styles Reply with quote

Hi Fellas,
I wanted to accomplish this if possible:
1 Use the 4 Pads as an into to a song
2 At the end of that style, have the 4 Pads continue to play even though I
turned off the style so that I could use those same 4 Pads as an intro for
my next song?
Thanks Frank
Jonyblues

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Frank, I guess that the main problem that you're facing is that the pads stop whenever you stop a style, plus the fact that each pads on/off status is not recalled as part of a songbook (which is a shame!), only the Pad sound is remembered in the songbook, from what I can tell.

So, as far as I can see, the only way to do a seamless transition using the pads as an intro for both styles, is as follows:

1. Use your pads as an intro for style 1
2. At the end of style 1, instead of pressing start/stop, simply mute/lower the volume of the drums, bass and accompaniment tracks (either in the volume tab window or by assigning a couple of controller keys to mute them or two buttons on the EC5 or by assigning a couple of sliders to these three items and pulling the sliders down.

FYI, for some reason I can't find a setting/option that either lowers or mutes the volume of all three, while maintaining the volume of the pads, which seems like a big missed opportunity by Korg).

3. At this stage, just the pads are playing/able to be heard, which can then be used as the intro to style 2.
4. As soon as you've done playing the intro with your pads, then select style 2 (probably from your songbook or your user styles). This will start instantly and won't leave any gap in the song/sound (because the style is actually playing silently in the background). I assume that both songs are set to the same tempo. If not, and you want them to be the same, you can, of course, make sure that the tempo lock function is on.

As you probably already know, you can, of course, use the same pads as you have in style 1 in style 2 too (so that you can use them while style 2 is playing), or you can, if you so wish, have 4 totally new pads, if you so wish.

I can't see/find any other obvious way of solving your challenge but hope this helps as a way to get around your problem.

Best wishes,
Jon
fjs714

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jony,
Thanks For your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: