Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using Midi Controler with Electribe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
artugo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Using Midi Controler with Electribe Reply with quote

I've been trying to use a midi Controller keyboard to record notes on the electribe using external sound modules like a korg wavestation and esq1. I can here the sounds of the modules if I hit the pads on the electribe but when I use the midi controller I can see the trigger light up when I hit the notes but it wont trigger the sound modules. The midi controller will record the notes on the electribe but wont trigger the modules until i press play, it'll trigger the modules. Is there a way around this? I would be great to hear what keys I'm playing. I have the midi controller going OUT into the "midi IN" and I have the "Midi out" going to a midi thru box to all my sound modules.

Thanks,
Art
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure as I don't own any Electribes but is sounds as though there is no MIDI THRU on them from what you describe. You may need to use a thru box to split off the MIDI data from your controllers before the Electribe, then a merger after it, being fed by one out on the thru box and the Electribe out before it goes onto your modules to have them able to be controlled by both the Electribe and your controllers.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: