Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yamaha Genos ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As i previously said over on the PA4X thread this will be interesting to see if the PA4X is about to get some real competition or will the anticipation be more exciting than the end result?.... or dare I say this even surpass the extremely good PA4X?....we will know very soon.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a gut feeling that we are going to hear references to Montage when this Genos is announced.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
Interesting that on the Genos site Yamaha refers to the Genos as 'Digital Workstation' instead of 'Arranger' or 'Arranger Workstation'.
I'm looking forward to learning more about the Genos.

Yes... it will probably inherit all the thigs Yamaha cut from the Motif when upgrading to the Montage and more...

So they are presenting it as a workstation, with th earranger being part of the package..

Also so e interesting leaks, mention huge ipad integration, with 3rd party developers being able to create apps for the Genos trough the apple development kit...

It will have 9 sliders and 6 rotary encoders and a 10" touchscreen.. which puts it ahead of the pa4x, espescially with the encoders..

I think they want to makke it not only an arranger players dream, but an intsrument every solo keyboardist would want, as well as any composer...

Keep an eye out every friday from now, Yamaha will post a new teaser video every friday...
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be interesting after the release to here some detailed analysis from http://sandsoftwaresound.net to understand how this equates to the Montage and how the Genos may go beyond the stream of its sibling ....all ways a good read over on "sand-software- sound " when understanding what is going on under the hood of these instruments.

Last edited by D575 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
Jan1 wrote:
Interesting that on the Genos site Yamaha refers to the Genos as 'Digital Workstation' instead of 'Arranger' or 'Arranger Workstation'.

Yes... it will probably inherit all the thigs Yamaha cut from the Motif when upgrading to the Montage and more...

So they are presenting it as a workstation, with th earranger being part of the package..

Also so e interesting leaks, mention huge ipad integration, with 3rd party developers being able to create apps for the Genos trough the apple development kit...

It will have 9 sliders and 6 rotary encoders and a 10" touchscreen.. which puts it ahead of the pa4x, espescially with the encoders..

I think they want to makke it not only an arranger players dream, but an intsrument every solo keyboardist would want, as well as any composer...

Keep an eye out every friday from now, Yamaha will post a new teaser video every friday...

Traditionally workstations come in three different sizes, so I'm wondering if Yamaha will release the Genos also in 61, 76 (or 73), and 88 keys format.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
Bachus wrote:
Jan1 wrote:

Traditionally workstations come in three different sizes, so I'm wondering if Yamaha will release the Genos also in 61, 76 (or 73), and 88 keys format.

When I see new boards like this and think of the high priced Montage, my guess is that the board will be more expensive. My guess is $5499-$5995 (US $)
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A digital workstation so not an arranger ouch.

Korg MW1, Casio PX5S & XW-G1, Roland JD-Xi,Yamaha Montage 7, Roland D-05, Bass Station II, Cubase Elements, Sonar X3 Producer.Handfull of IOs Apps iMPC,Animoog : Korg IMS-20,Module, IM1, Gadget etc.
Devnor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an arranger. You can tell by the pixelated buttons just above the keyboard just like Tyros. Who cares what that call it? You guys get way too hung up on semantics.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inculding the Genos which we wait with anticipation to know more... there are some nice new product coming into view at the moment notably with one eye on the Genos and the other eye on the Roland D-05 and boy I loved the old D-50, I will have to be careful not to screw up my stereoscopic vision having one eye on the Genos and the other eye on the D-05 ......all we need now is a new kronos replacement at namm to really set the forums the world over on fire as I imagine the strong debate there.... Smile
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new kronos replacemant? Haha.

Apple release an itsibitsi watch with 64 bit technology and large amount of RAM in comparison to it's size and the big three in their huge gargantuan Workstations can't even give a third of what a friken iwatch or mobile phone gives you. Yes, the big bad workstation. Read that name again to make sure you're getting a power house.

W O R K S T A T I O N.

LOOK UP IN THE SKY IT'S THE BIG BAD WORKSTATION...

careful don't breath too hard or all that 32 bit technology and it's itsibitsi ram will be ram'd up you...

Boo hoo hoo, too hard, can not do

Sad
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

billysynth1 wrote:
A new kronos replacemant? Haha.

Apple release an itsibitsi watch with 64 bit technology and large amount of RAM in comparison to it's size and the big three in their huge gargantuan Workstations can't even give a third of what a friken iwatch or mobile phone gives you. Yes, the big bad workstation. Read that name again to make sure you're getting a power house.

W O R K S T A T I O N.

LOOK UP IN THE SKY IT'S THE BIG BAD WORKSTATION...

careful don't breath too hard or all that 32 bit technology and it's itsibitsi ram will be ram'd up you...

Boo hoo hoo, too hard, can not do

Sad
Perhaps next year's colour will be tartan instead (!) Wink
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Jan1 wrote:
Bachus wrote:
Jan1 wrote:

When I see new boards like this and think of the high priced Montage, my guess is that the board will be more expensive. My guess is $5499-$5995 (US $)

Actually the Genos might be more favorable priced in the US then the Tyros5...

When T5 released the dollar was at its worst compared to the euro, it recovered quite a lot since then.... and yamaha arranger product prices are set in euro's because thats the main market for the high end version..
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/21743530_10154664284766879_2578824738223166933_o.jpg?oh=20ed5f3bbc4ee48385ee7fbdf62e12cc&oe=5A1B59FD looks like two images photoshoped together when you put this through a filter and lighten up this image, we can now see the left side is in a studio environment and the right side is in a live environment... so This image is probably from some promotional material ....

Last edited by D575 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:18 am; edited 7 times in total
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devnor wrote:
It's an arranger. You can tell by the pixelated buttons just above the keyboard just like Tyros. Who cares what that call it? You guys get way too hung up on semantics.

It's not just about semantics, but trying to figure out what the Genos is all about.

Yamaha as well as KORG have referred to their top arrangers as 'Arranger Workstations'.
The change Yamaha made in both name and category (Genos Digital Workstation) hints that the Genos is designed to be more of a fusion of the traditional workstation concept with the arranger.
I guess we'll find out soon enough what the Genos is all about.
wma

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/21743530_10154664284766879_2578824738223166933_o.jpg?oh=20ed5f3bbc4ee48385ee7fbdf62e12cc&oe=5A1B59FD

very interesting and it would sound the best, however it's very huge and let me guess - 5000$-6000$? wait for pa5x instead lol
it looks like they used joystick instead of wheals - joystick for performing and soloing is more fun and better
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: