Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgrade help again please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
taichi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Upgrade help again please Reply with quote

Had some great help here. Downloaded successfully as per instructions. V2

Saved ALL as on screen to USB. Things missing now so how do I restore from USB.

Next need to upgrade to 2.1 so is it the same procedure. Save all and then install 2.1 ? Version 2 is a major update but what does version 2.1 do to improve things.

Sorry to be a pain again.

Dylan
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to do a factory restore after the update as stated in the os update manual.

here's a part of that manual that explains how to do it:

1. Press the MEDIA button, then touch the Utility tab to access the Utility page.
2. Select the Factory Restore option, then touch the Execute button.
3. The Restore dialog appears. Leave the All checkbox selected if you want to reset everything. If you prefer to preserve some type of data, deselect the All checkbox, then deselect the type of data to be preserved.
4. Touch OK to confirm. A message appears, asking you if you want to erase all the data in the internal memory. Touch Yes to confirm (or No to cancel). All the Factory data will be reloaded and updated, and all User data will be erased.
5. If you have saved your User and/or custom Factory data, reload them by using the Media > Load operations. See the chapter dedicated to the file management in the User’s Manual for more information.

Personally i would skip step 5, you can easely assign your saved set as a direct set to you r pa4x, the benefit of this is that you still will have the 3 new user style page locations with lots of new styles. Your previous saved styles can then be accessed directly by pressing the direct button or the direct tab. (in the case that you assigned the direct folder (in global - mode preferences - media) to your own saved sounds / styles set
taichi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: restore Reply with quote

Thanks again for taking the time to help.

Much appreciated. Will read as much as I can now.

Dylan
taichi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi You have been so helpful to me and feel a bit guilty about bothering you for one last question. Version 2.1 successful. But regarding item 5, copied below.

5. If you have saved your User and/or custom Factory data, reload them by using the Media > Load operations. See the chapter dedicated to the file management in the User’s Manual for more information.

Personally i would skip step 5, you can easely assign your saved set as a direct set to you r pa4x, the benefit of this is that you still will have the 3 new user style page locations with lots of new styles. Your previous saved styles can then be accessed directly by pressing the direct button or the direct tab. (in the case that you assigned the direct folder (in global - mode preferences - media) to your own saved sounds / styles set

Like what you said about skipping step 5 but despite reading manual a lot how do I assign my saved list as a direct set to keep it separate from new styles as you recommended. I am missing something plus need a bit of confidence.

My original songs in SONGBOOK (in SAVED SET) are now missing so will they be loaded up again ? Assume they will be.

So basically how do I put my SAVED SET into DIRECT. I don't want to fail at the last hurdle and mess things up. Love my PA4X too much.

Will always be grateful to you.

Dylan
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taichi wrote:

My original songs in SONGBOOK (in SAVED SET) are now missing so will they be loaded up again ? Assume they will be.

yes, if you add a .SET to the direct folder, your previous songs in that set will be added to the songbook.

taichi wrote:

So basically how do I put my SAVED SET into DIRECT. I don't want to fail at the last hurdle and mess things up. Love my PA4X too much.

you can do this with the following steps:
- press the global button
- press the menu button
- select the knbo Mode Preferences on the touch screen
- in the bottom of the screen you will see a tab media
- press that media tab
- now in the bottom of your screen you see a section called Direct Folder, select your previous set there and your user styles, sounds and songbook from that set will be available in the direct tab of your pa4x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: