Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drum Kit Family assign ??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruifa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Drum Kit Family assign ?? Reply with quote

Hi,

I wonder if someone can tell me how to edit or assign a sample RAM or ROM of a Drumkit to a Drum Family ... or diferente Drum Family...?

There are the Icons:

BASS DRUMS
SNARES
TOMS
HIHATS
RIDE, CRASH AND CYMBALS
LOW PITCHED PERCS
HI PITCHED PERCS
SPECIAL EFFECTS

thank you to all !
Ruifa
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Drum Kit Family assign ?? Reply with quote

ruifa wrote:
.. wonder if someone can tell me how to edit or assign a sample RAM or ROM of a Drumkit to a Drum Family ... or diferente Drum Family...? ..

Assigning samples to DrumKits is done in SoundOperating Mode - basics about are described in Manual "advanced Edit", where you can find "DrumKit: Sample Setup (Drum Kits) on Page 58.
Thematic seems to be too extensive to be explained here.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
ruifa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi siebenhirter,

What i mean is:

When you have a drum kit or make a new drum kit you can assign the sounds to a category :

BASS DRUMS
SNARES
TOMS
HIHATS
RIDE, CRASH AND CYMBALS
LOW PITCHED PERCS
HI PITCHED PERCS
SPECIAL EFFECTS

So you can later on Style or Song on DRUM TRACK mode adjust volume , equalize, add reverb, pitch, mute, etc each category... right ?
I just want to know, how can i change the category for each sound..?

For exemple if i need to change the shaker from HI PITCHED PERCS to SOUND EFFECTS category ? how do i do this ?

Thank you to all !

Ruifa
Korg Fan #1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruifa wrote:
Hi siebenhirter,

What i mean is:

When you have a drum kit or make a new drum kit you can assign the sounds to a category :

BASS DRUMS
SNARES
TOMS
HIHATS
RIDE, CRASH AND CYMBALS
LOW PITCHED PERCS
HI PITCHED PERCS
SPECIAL EFFECTS

So you can later on Style or Song on DRUM TRACK mode adjust volume , equalize, add reverb, pitch, mute, etc each category... right ?
I just want to know, how can i change the category for each sound..?

For exemple if i need to change the shaker from HI PITCHED PERCS to SOUND EFFECTS category ? how do i do this ?

Thank you to all !

Ruifa

Once the samples are already recorded I don't believe you can change them, but when recording the samples you can assign the sample to a category
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Sampling operating mode - Write Sample dialog box Reply with quote

ruifa wrote:
.. drum kit or make a new drum kit you can assign the sounds to a category .. if i need to change the shaker from HI PITCHED PERCS to SOUND EFFECTS category ? how do i do this ? ..

Look to table of factory data "Drum Samples" and you will find here each Factory Drum Sample is assigned to a FAMILY.
While in Sampling operating mode in case you want to save a DrumSample to a new (or existing) location, in "Write Sample" dialog box you can assign a name for the sample and you can choose a DrumSampleFamily to be assigned to.

In StylePlay / TrackControl / Mode if you select Type = Drum that has the advantage you separatelly can adjust the volume und set a different output fo each percussive familiy of the assigned DrumKitSound.
In Track Controls > Drum Edit you will find a list of eight families. For each family you can adjust the volume and edit the 14 main parameters of Drum and Percussion instruments for the selected tracks - furtheron also in Track Controls > Easy Edit you can adjust sound parameters for a single Drum Sound.
In Sound-Operating-Mode you can choose the Drum Family the corresponding Insert FX (“B” FX Config) is assigned to.
Drum Kit Familiy settings also can be done with NRPN (look to MIDI Implementation Chart).
PS: In StylePlay / StyleControls if using DrumMapping or/and Kick and Snare Designation percussive Instruments for the selected DrumKits use alternative arrangements of instruments. So it really is an example as it does not make sense to change instruments from HI PITCHED PERCS to SOUND EFFECTS category (but maybe in case generating special individual effects).

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: