Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

locked pa4x set??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hforough

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: locked pa4x set?? Reply with quote

Hell there. I came across this person who has a pa4x set for sale but he tells me that there is some sort of a lock on the USB where you can not copy the set file and distribute it to someone else without the USB card present. I am not in the business of getting set files and then selling them. my only concern is if the set is locked can I cherry pick styles from it and save it in my personal set?

has anyone heard of such a software lock by KORG on the USB and are the content readable?

Thanks.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
The files (mainly pcm) are encrypted and locked to a USB stick or an uSD card!
You can copy whatever you want into your set but to be able to play them back you need to have the usb stick or sd card attached to the arranger on every boot!
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't seem to find that thread but someone brought this up a while ago. According to that individual you can get in touch with Korg and if you meet their requirements? you can get your commercial SET locked by them. I don't know if people do this using 3rd party software too. I never had to deal with this so can't tell for sure.

AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musiccankill already mentioned the status of this encryption that is provided by Korg (or anyone who illegally owns this KorgPa software utility)
for commercial SETs where PCM samples are encrypted in thumb drives or mSD.
All commercial SETs worldwide that use external media protection use the exact same method (recently also SN protection has been added) !
The cost of encryption is rather high (60- 80$/pc) so if you like contents then support developers !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: