Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Help] How can I address timbres?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about moving the relevant volume slider up with a free finger? Save the Combi with that timbre volume set low, or drag the slider down after selecting the Combi but before starting the piece.

geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a volume pedal and do this all the time.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or instead of a volume slider, use the switch above to mute/unmute the timbre. Just make sure your control surface is set to timbre/track mode.
4GodnWV

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several good methods already mentioned. One other idea...create two combi's (or more) and using a footswitch to advance thru them. I frequently have several combi's in one song. Put them in order in 'set list' and voila!
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy in the linked video did't have enough hands to play his instrument so he used his feet and toes. I have seen others get their legs up high enough to even steer while driving. So i imagine if two hands aren't enough, kicking a leg up to shoulder level and putting the toes to work on sliders and switches is not any less possible than "Toe Jam" on a guitar.

https://youtu.be/OSoBmgRRUpc

Using feet to operate tools for entertainment products.

https://youtu.be/_zGP8KfQmoc

And then there is the option to have a mouth-wand that you hold in your mouth, and then use neck movements to get the mouth-wand over the switches and sliders to work them.

Idea Idea
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woomgoog wrote:
I've already did those things, problem is that with the slider I have to hope to reach the right volume cause it can't go all the way up otherwise it'll "muffle" the other timbres.

One solution could be for you to duplicate the program you need to have a precise max volume, adjust the overall volume, save it under a different name, then modify your combi replacing the timbre with the edited one. Then you will exactly the correct volume once you set it at max.
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woomgoog wrote:
Thanks for the answers and suggestion guys, but I've already did those things, problem is that with the slider I have to hope to reach the right volume cause it can't go all the way up otherwise it'll "muffle" the other timbres. And with the play/mute buttons it works if I reach on the perfect time so that's why I've asked if there is a way to address the timbre to the SW buttons it's easier access to me, that's all.

yes,
use AMS mixer with gate option assigned to a switch for the timbre.
set it to velocity or some other parameter so it opens / closes with the s/w
or if you done want to edit the timbre itself, you can use an ifx slot and route the timbre through it. use the stereo/mono gate on it , set the threshold as desired and set the sw1 or sw2 for wet/dry mix, 100% wet will likely be muted/attenuated.
another way is to use karma setup , so scene switching mutes / enablers a track.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: