Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tirtian piano

View previous topic :: View next topic  
guntun63

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Tirtian piano Reply with quote

I have tried to find a place to change rythm patterns in a KARMA in a combi.
That is a tweaked edition of Tirtian piano.
I wonder of this rythm track is "hand made" or if they use a pattern that already exist.
I can really nothing about KARMA (just karma in my own life Smile , but I have tried to go through the screens connected to KARMA to see if I could change a pattern easily but I have just found different kits.
Can somebody help me with this? The track on Tirtian piano is nr.4
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karma Patterns would be accessible in the Karma tab page. The patterns are embedded in the GE. So you want the GE set up page.
On the GE page you will see quite a few options for setting up the basics of Karma patterns and run characteristics.
Somewhere at the top of GE setup page, you will see the GE select cell. The GE select is the same as Pattern select. Also you will have another selection cell above that which is a GE category select so that you can narrow down your search through so many GE selections. Various categories in the same way that programs have categories for strings, SFX, Piano, drums and so on.

Karma GE tab page is what you want and then look for GE select for pattern selections.

In combi you will have 4 karma modules(modules A,B,C & D) with 4 GE's which allow 4 patterns to be applied to a combi at once. So be sure you have the right Karma Module for the timbre/track whose assigned module GE you want to change patterns for.
You can test which module is making which GE pattern by setting solo to each module as you finger the keys for a run of Karma.
The hard way is best if you don't know Midi I/O for Karma yet. You trace the midi output channel in Karma midi I/O to the matching timbre/track midi channel assignment on the Midi tab page that is accessed through the Timbre parameter tab page. The hard way but it makes you follow how the modules are set up to various timbre/tracks.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you are certain that the pattern is not generated by Drum track or step sequencer or wave sequence used as the sample?
I don't have kronos with me to check the combi you mention. But i had to mention just in case it is a combi using programs that draw from Step sequencer patterns, drum track or wave sequence used as the sample.

Simple though to switch karma off to determine if the pattern is in fact karma generated.
guntun63

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks !
I would like to come back to this after checking this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: