Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions before buying an ES2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olivander12

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Questions before buying an ES2 Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I started doing music production with an EMX about five years ago. Two years ago, I found my "perfect" setup (Elektron OT+Rytm) which I very enjoy doing music with.

Eventhough I like the elektron devices, I wanted to have a portable machine to jam on. I bought a Novation Circuit and sold it some months later, since editing automation on that machine is very frustrating. If you change a parameter, every following step will have this parameter changed as well. It seems like you are editing an automation curve, which has to be reset after having changed one step. It gets tedious very soon and is a reall´bummer to me.

Now, I am thinking about getting an Electribe 2 Sampler. I read some reviews and it seems, that it has some flaws, but the basic stuff works all fine. Before buying, I would really appreciate it if you gave me a short feedback about the things you mostly dislike about the machine. I am asking since I am afraid to have overseen some major flaws, as the prices for used tribes are very low. You can buy a ES2 in good condition for far under 300 bucks, which is the price of 2 new volcas.

Thanks in advance for your help!
PurpleSpaceMan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see the electribe sampler is that it's basically a note pad for music. It can be tamed (listen to prime mover), there are flaws yes but for the price of what you get, it's quite good. It also- because of it's limitations- makes you think outside the box, learnt a lot of useful techniques. It's a purchase I haven't regretted.
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my E2S, despite its flaws. I can quickly and easily knock up something from scratch which I then transport to DAW to polish up. I don't really have an issue with the voice stealing - I rarely encounter it - but my biggest gripe is definitely the sample size limitations and the maddening file management system, or lack of it.

After working with the E2S for a couple of years I have finally bit the bullet and ordered an Octatrack, because the file size limitations on the E2S were holding me back. It should be with me by the end of this week, and I plan to use it alongside my E2S. I see you already have an OT and I think these two machines will work very well together. The E2S as a sketchpad which can then be imported into the OT to take it to the next level.
Olivander12

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Steeplemouth"]I love my E2S, despite its flaws. I can quickly and easily knock up something from scratch which I then transport to DAW to polish up. I don't really have an issue with the voice stealing - I rarely encounter it - but my biggest gripe is definitely the sample size limitations and the maddening file management system, or lack of it.

After working with the E2S for a couple of years I have finally bit the bullet and ordered an Octatrack, because the file size limitations on the E2S were holding me back. It should be with me by the end of this week, and I plan to use it alongside my E2S. I see you already have an OT and I think these two machines will work very well together. The E2S as a sketchpad which can then be imported into the OT to take it to the next level.[/quote]

I think this combination is great, since the OT is superb in dealing with longer samples (sampled loop made with the es2 for example) and the ES2 is probably better for arranging smaller samples.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: