Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EX-8000 - No Sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lahatte

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:26 am    Post subject: EX-8000 - No Sound Reply with quote

Hi. I got a used EX-8000 that has no sound. I took it completely apart to fix broken circuit board mounts, and reassembled it.

It wasn't doing much of anything until I did the initialize procedure (hold 5 and 8 while powering on). Now the display and functions seem to work normally -- I can select a parameter (like 84 to set the MIDI receive channel), and adjust the value with the knob or the arrow buttons.

Pressing the "Tune" button does not cause the unit to make any sound or tone (as the manual says it should), but it does make a very faint tick when the button is pushed, and the tick is a bit louder if the button is pushed more aggressively.

I also get no sound when turning the volume (which I assume the control is scratchy), but the unit does sometimes make a light pop through the outputs when powering off. Otherwise it's dead quiet.

The headphone jack doesn't respond any differently than the rear outs.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Thanks!

EX-8000 Service Manual
www.claylahatte.com/studio/Issues/Korg/EX-8000/korg_ex8000_service_manual.pdf

DW-8000 Service Manual
www.claylahatte.com/studio/Issues/Korg/EX-8000/korg_dw-8000_service_manual.pdf

Another DW-8000 Service Manual
www.claylahatte.com/studio/Issues/Korg/EX-8000/Korg_DW-8000_Service_Manual2.pdf
lahatte

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind. It works! I just had to load a patch to it. I guess the initialize does not load any factory patches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: