Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

windows 10 latency in nanopad2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
functionform

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:21 am    Post subject: windows 10 latency in nanopad2 Reply with quote

Testing this on two different DAWS, reaper 64 bit, and caustic windows. reaper has asio driver configured and caustic default windows.

I get very annoying latency in either environment with nanopad2 compared to my barebones m-audio keyboard. It almost feels like the nanopad2 is trying to live quantize my pad presses in a poor manner.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Korg USB MIDI driver installed? If so, has the MIDI in been configured as nanoPAD2 1 PAD?

functionform

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. I'm using Asio driver as well. I've even tried configuring Reaper midi config to use high precision timestamp just in case just for this device which seems to improve resolution a little, but still I get dropped notes.

By comparison, I randomly hooked up My DJ Control Compact and tested its cue pads on the same kit and I get no dropped notes.

It's either Korg's midi driver or the machine doesn't output events fast enough.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be worth restoring the factory settings. To do this, disconnect the nanoPAD2 from the USB port, hold down the "Key/Range" "Scale/Tap" and "Scene" buttons whilst connecting the nanoPAD2 back to the USB port with the other hand. Keep holding down the buttons until the scene LEDs start blinking, and wait for the process to finish. It should be complete after a few seconds.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: