Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Connection to a DAW?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:21 am    Post subject: Connection to a DAW? Reply with quote

How is the Electribe 2 connected to a DAW? The impression I got with respect to Ableton is that it is simply a SD-card copying data from the Electribe to a DAW machine. Surely there is a PC application with greater integration? Mostly I will be using it standalone, but nevertheless Id like extended functionality in arranging and integration with midi keyboards etc..

Does any software or licences come with the Electribe 2?

tbzbbt
ok reza

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't remember, electribe might have come with ableton light.

you can export your electribe pattern into an ableton project file from the electribe itself. each part is exported as a waveform in its own channel into an ableton project that you can extract from ur box. i think there are some limitations, possibly to do with effects or something.

other options is to set it up so that you can record midi data from electribe to ableton per part and then have ableton play all parts into the electribe back thru midi. i haven't really tested this and i feel like there's probably some limitations as well in regards to controlling motion/knob edits.

edit - ya master fx doesn't transfer when exporting as ableton project. for what it's worth, if i want to track out an electribe beat, i record each part individually myself so then i can have more flexibility with the master fx and also so i can perform parts live so there's no quantizing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: