Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

editing saved samples

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GMUL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: editing saved samples Reply with quote

howdy all. I was recently creating two seperate combis which i had multisamples assigned in. I unwittingly saved one of them with an incorrect sample assined to a key. i rebooted the kronos and then realised what i had done. Now i want to go back and fix the mistake. I cannot seem to recall how this is done. can anyone help. Thanking you all in advance
tomto66

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you be more specific/precise? Multisamples are not assigned to combis but to programs.
GMUL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course your correct. I used the program and then mad a combo around it but I suppose I need to access the multi samples in programme mode. How is this achieved ?
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be a simple mistake under the Osc/Pitch. If you are talking about a mistake while you created a multisample yourself in Sampling Mode, then you have to correct it in Sampling Mode.
GMUL

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it defiinately a mistake i made myself. i accidently put a talkbox sample assigned to a key that should be one of the doo,s from uptown funk. In sampling mode i cant seem to see the mulisamples i have assigned to each key. Im sure i am overlooking somehing simple. Lets pretend that i just want to add another sample to an already created program, can it be done without having to start all over again. thanks to everyone for your help
tomto66

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still confused by your question: assignment of samples to keys is not even done in programs - in programs you assign multisamples. A multisample is a set of individual samples, and those are edited in sample mode. I don't see how you might have remapped a single sample in program mode ???

Also, for the factory supplied multisamples I don't think we have access to the individual samples themselves (though admittedly I've never tried to find those so I may be wrong here).

What has happened to me, for multisample sets that contain lots of different sounds (drums or sound effects), that I detuned a program (the program itself, or in a combi) - and because of detuning I suddently get a totally different sample on the key (and I might get the sample I expect on a different key). Might that have happened to you?
GMUL

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok. I will explain a little better i have two project songs, Living on a prayer and uptown funk. lets forget about the first one for a minute. Its perfect. so< uptown funk. i have the intro vocals sampled individually and the corresponding samples assigned to the bottom 5 notes of my kronos. i then converted these multisamples to a program and saved everything as per the online tutorials. i have the created a combination around this program with the remaining tibres i need. i saved everything once more. this time its saved as a combination. now i have discovered that one of the `do` samples has been mixed up with one of the samples from living on a prayer.

can i go back into the sample associated with the uptown funk track and fix the problem easily
tomto66

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question is clear now! Yes, you can go back. Make your edits in sample mode - you will first have to load your multisample version that does NOT have the _userbank extension. This is is the one that contains your individual samples and their mapping. Make your edits, and then re-create the program (i.e. the _userbank version). And you're done. I do this all the time!
GMUL

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks tomto66. i a have never done this before so can you you explain a little further. how do i load the other non user bank mulisample correctly?
tomto66

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at my Kronos right now, but here's some tips:
- Go in disk mode and find your multisample set. Suppose you named it GMUL - you should find GMUL.ksc . and GMUL_Userbank.ksc. Load GMUL.ksc - I always choose Clear All for the kcs allocation (it's the default) - if you don't and you save your multisample after your edits, any other samples that you might have loaded will get included in the newly saved ksc.
- Go into sample mode. You will find there all your samples, and the mapping to keys. Make the edits you need.
- Save and you're done! I always re-create the program bank when I edit multisamples - I'm not sure whether that's really necessary; it's just what I do.

Admittedly the first coupla times I did this I messed up big time - it took me some trial and error. Make a full backup first!

Good luck!
LZ
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to take a wild stab at what likely caused your problem after reboot. I'm guessing you had the living on a plYer samples saved in your preload file. When you created the uptown funk samples, you didn't unload the other samples, so when you saved that file and added to preload, it loaded the livin on a prayer samples twice before loading the uptown funk samples. Now the duplicate living on a prayer samples are in the slot where the uptown funk samples should be, so that the uptown funk program is loading the wrong samples. This was all very confusing to me at first and I had a ton of issues and still have duplicate samples loading that I never took the time to go back and clean up.

My current method any time I am going to do new samples is to completely unload all samples from memory, do the new samples, save the ksc file, and add that to preload. Seems to work well.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is exactly what i reckon i did LZ and thanks again guys. i will habe a look later and see if can use tomto66's method to fix the problem great advice from LZ also about doing the sessions one at a time also. thats the way i will be proceeding hence forth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: