Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg SV1 in live Band

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Farnell

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Korg SV1 in live Band Reply with quote

I wonder if any SV1 users can tell me what it is like in a live Band situation.I have always used a Roland RD 250/300S which employs structured adaptive synthesis for sound generation.I have banged on about its ability to cut through a live Band because of its response and clarity.I have tried Roland RD300S and Nord E Pianos and they sound like playing through cotton wool.I know that sampled pianos are used live but all the online demos never say what the instruments are played through.I do not want to purchase another sampled piano and end up putting it back on Ebay,
P Farnell.
CowboyNQ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mate,

I use mine live in loud rock bands and have zero issues getting it to cut through. To this end I have fiddled with the EQ a bit on my stock patches and then saved them as favourites.

The SV-1 isn't over-endowed with AP sounds, but the ones that are there work for me.

Whether or not you'll like it better than your Roland is entirely a matter for your ears, these things are somewhat subjective.

Good luck!
Farnell

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Korg SV1 in live Band Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply,as you say it's all down to the individual,I wouldn't swap the Roland if it wasn't for the weight issue,but feedback from people who use it as it is intended is very useful,
Regards,
PF.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: