Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg SV-1 mute sounds?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fungle123

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:36 am    Post subject: Korg SV-1 mute sounds? Reply with quote

am thinking of byuing this keyboard.

what i would like to do is:
1) to use the MIDI output to trigger an external module.
2) to connect the audio output of the external module to the audio input on the Korg SV1.

this should mean that i can run both machines without having to patch through an external mixer.

assuming this is all good, can i mute the sound of the SV1 so that i can hear only the sound from the external input (while playing on the keyboard of course)

i am presuming that using the master volume knob is not an option as that will also affect the external's volume.

i can't see how to use the editor to adjust the volume of the presets.

perhaps i can use the editor to program in a "silent" or empty slot in the presets?

i would prefer not to have to use an extra expression pedal, but if i did, would it control ONLY the internal sounds of the Korg and still allow my external sounds to pass unaffected? or does the expression pedal affect the master volume?
HammonDude

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you buy one? I am in the same boat now, thinking of buying one for the piano but I like to run a left hand bass. I would need to mute the bottom octave and midi trigger another sound into my bass amp. I don't think there is a split function on the SV or even bass sounds. HA! LOL
fungle123

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did get one.

it doesn't have a split function as far as i can see.

it works for my situation, in that the audio input on the Korg is not affected by the master volume control. therefore when i want my organ sound, i can turn the volume of the SV1 off, and turn up the volume of my Oberheim OB 3*2.

if you can program your external bass module to work only within a restricted bass range then you could feed that directly into your bass amp (you would still get the korg piano sound going into your other amp, but hey, nothing wrong with having a couple of layers for texture...), but the Korg won't help you with it.
xp50player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are bass split patches in the free additional patch banks. The bass waveforms are in the keyboard, but they are not used in the original presets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: