Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Save All Backup question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
musicbysterling

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Save All Backup question Reply with quote

I have just executed a Save All to the internal hard drive as well as a USB thumb drive. When I want to load All back into my Kronos, how is this exactly done, as I see .ksc, .pcg and userbank files?
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been saving 'all' to a usb stick now for over 2 years. I've never had to reload the data, but I think it works like this: In disk mode, with the load tab open, tap>Drive Select (bottom left). With your usb stick inserted, tap the > next to Drive Select and find your usb file and tap load.

I think this should work. If I'm wrong, I hope someone here can help.
laandodeman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save all doesn't always work when you use your own samplebanks. So ensure you know what you are doing in that case. Some threads on this forum might help you out.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Save All Backup question Reply with quote

musicbysterling wrote:
I have just executed a Save All to the internal hard drive as well as a USB thumb drive.
When I want to load All back into my Kronos, how is this exactly done, as I see .ksc, .pcg and userbank files?

When you save ALL Kronos resources in any media (internal SSD/USB media) , actually saves all that are loaded
in your Kronos at that current time !
For instance if you have loaded only UserBank_samples.KSC files in your Kronos then you have loaded only streaming
attack samples of your User sampling data and SAVE ALL function will not save your sampling data but only references
of your existing custom samples in Kronos SSD !
(I keep some reservations if SAVE ALL also saves main.KSC when only UserBank_.KSC is loaded , since I never use it)
Therefore in case of custom user samples , it's highly recommended to partially save "sampling data" as "both" references
& sampling data for each custom sound library (not commercial EXs) since each one has been loaded in Kronos in
"Ram mode" using main.KSC.

My advice for an easier workflow is to create a folder in Kronos SSD for instance "My custom Library" where you will
place all your custom sound libraries you use in your Kronos and then just copy the whole file "My custom Library" in
any external USB media , that you can copy later back to Kronos SSD as a precaution backup in case of future SSD failure ...
Also copying all "HD" contents will provide the same results.
But the rule there is that you must frequently create a PCG backup of your work !

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
musicbysterling

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!
m
musicbysterling

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!
m
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a follow up question guys; I just inserted my 'save all' USB drive into my desk top computer and tried to open it. Windows will not open the files. I can see KGE KSC PCG SNG and User files listed. Can I assume that ALL of my Kronos contents is saved properly on the USB drive?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: