Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Kronos wish list
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timesnothing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Remote keyboard Reply with quote

Another suggestion, would be for Korg to develop a remote type keyboard.

Let's face it, the Korg Kronos has been in production since 2011. We all love it and appreciate the continuing support given to us from Korg.

Why not develope a keyboard strictly for live playing. All the sounds of the Kronos, with the ability to generate the sounds of the Kronos just using set list.

The live player would leave his mother ship at home. In my case, as I'm a piano player, the 88 key Kronos.

This would give Korg, the opportunity to concentrate on the main requiments.
Action, Sounds, Drum Track, Sequencer (play back only) and the ability to sync the two keyboards together. The Kronos app proves, that at least the latter can be done already.

Just my two penneth.

Best wishes everyone for the new year.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Remote keyboard Reply with quote

timesnothing wrote:
Another suggestion, would be for Korg to develop a remote type keyboard.

Let's face it, the Korg Kronos has been in production since 2011. We all love it and appreciate the continuing support given to us from Korg.

Why not develope a keyboard strictly for live playing. All the sounds of the Kronos, with the ability to generate the sounds of the Kronos just using set list.

r.

Came close to that with Korg Grandstage 88 Stage Piano
timesnothing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Remote keyboard Reply with quote

The Grandstage is a standalone keyboard.

I was thinking more of a keyboard that would sync and mimic the kronos's setlist mode.

No editing features, or even a screen would be required.

The ipad, would be used to change patches in setlist.
All the hard work would have been done prior at home, or in the studio, using the kronos.

The korg kronos due to its expansion capabilites is still selling well, so why try and fix something that isn't broken.

Rather than thinking of the next generation kronos, develope a breakaway keyboard to complement the existing kronos.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Remote keyboard Reply with quote

timesnothing wrote:
The Grandstage is a standalone keyboard.

I was thinking more of a keyboard that would sync and mimic the kronos's setlist mode.

No editing features, or even a screen would be required.

The ipad, would be used to change patches in setlist.
All the hard work would have been done prior at home, or in the studio, using the kronos.

The korg kronos due to its expansion capabilites is still selling well, so why try and fix something that isn't broken.

Rather than thinking of the next generation kronos, develope a breakaway keyboard to complement the existing kronos.

I get your idea- its for the gigging Kronos keyboardists.

Korg likely has a decent idea of how many owners gig the Kronos. I am the home studio type so the concept has no value.

I have to dare say this- Korg has their own idea what product to introduce.
we sit here with our excellent suggestions and deep wish lists- but I believe they
have brainstormed every possible iteration, derivative, or little brother
to Kronos. They are very smart people and run a good electronics co, IMO.
It is mostly about making money, in case anyone has forgotten.

I don't have a strong idea what Korgs strategy is for 2018 along the workstation concept- which is very old. I think we have to wait for clues this month and next. Korg might very well do nothing substantial re: Kronos and more derivative products.
timesnothing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Korg kronos module Reply with quote

Agreed.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for a korg kronos module, then it would be desirable for everybody, including both live and studio players.

Just make sure it's backwards compatible.

Only less than ten hours to go until 2018 for us in the UK.

Best wishes everybody.
tomto66

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly, I don't see the use of a Kronos module: the Kronos has such an amount of sliders & buttons - I for one would surely miss those in a module. En even if Korg were to manage to squeeze in all buttons and sliders on the front panel of a module, I would find that very uncomfortable for playing live. Might be due to my particular use cases of course.
Jaydash

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems slightly baffling that there isn't a 73/76-key 'synth action' option to me. Okay, gigging musicians are always talking about space (as if they're performing in garden sheds or something!), but would there really be a massive hoo-ha if Korg were to effectively declare: 'Look, we're ripping you off on the price as it is, so we're moving to a minimum of a 73/76 key Kronos 2 from now on, and for no more money than the 61'... not that they would say in those words of course!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomto66 wrote:
Frankly, I don't see the use of a Kronos module: the Kronos has such an amount of sliders & buttons - I for one would surely miss those in a module. En even if Korg were to manage to squeeze in all buttons and sliders on the front panel of a module, I would find that very uncomfortable for playing live. Might be due to my particular use cases of course.

I agree. And a few yrs ago, Korg, actually Rich Formadini at a prior NAMM said no plans for a module.

And when a co states this I consider it final.
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd purchase a 73/76 semi-weighted Kronos today.
timesnothing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject: Kong module Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
I agree. And a few yrs ago, Korg, actually Rich Formadini at a prior NAMM said no plans for a module.
And when a co states this I consider it final.

Everyone's requirements are different.

I've used three keyboards before and persevered with a Yamaha XS 88.
None, have inspired me more than when I sit down at my Kronos.

In my case, having the opportunity to play everything I want using only one keyboard, is simply marvellous.

As for using knobs and sliders, I utilise these prior to setting everything up in set list. Once in set list mode, one simply changes patches to suit.

The extended range of the 88 allows for no compromises in regards to splits / layers.
Drum track can be triggered from either the keyboard, or stopped / started from a foot switch.
lyrics can be displayed on screen.
If the screen isn't capable of displaying all of the lyrics, duplicate the patch to see the rest of the lyrics.
If using the same pattern for the drum track, this will also continue to play for the 2nd patch.

The only negative I have, is once you place an 88 in a flight case, transporting it around needs some muscle.

Thus from my point of view, having a module version with a light weight realistic piano action to go with it, such as the one used in the Kawai ES110.
Would be a dream come true.

As for Rich Formadini (a man I have much respect) jumped ship. Who knows what Korg's plans are.
Johnny Foster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drama1 wrote:

Why not get the Kronos LS then ?

It's hands down the best keyboard I've owned to date ( so many, since 1982 )... The extra keys are wonderful, and it is so very responsive to touch...I don't miss the heavy-weighted keys one bit.

It's amazingly light and portable. After hauling a Kurzweil PC88 around for years at 53 lbs, this 30 lb. Kronos is a god-send.

It sounds fantastic, has all the features I'll ever need sonically, is an AMAZING MIDI controller for Mainstage 3 ( which I only carry because I have lots of soft-synth sounds I want for live in addition to the Kronos ) ; the Kronos LS will probably be the last keyboard I'll need or want until I wear it out physically...

Sidenote - Ironically, I started my career in 1982 on a Korg Poly 61, eventually went to a Korg M1, then eventually to a Korg Trinity V3, a Korg M3R, a Korg XD5R, and now after 35-plus years in the business...a new Kronos LS for Christmas 2017 !
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love a 76 S/W too and recently played the LS - it is great BUT I would actually miss aftertouch - had to think seriously about whether it would bother me and - IT DOES.

So - still hanging for a 76 S/W

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Johnny Foster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
I'd love a 76 S/W too and recently played the LS - it is great BUT I would actually miss aftertouch - had to think seriously about whether it would bother me and - IT DOES.

So - still hanging for a 76 S/W

Pete Very Happy

Cool. Makes sense. Very Happy
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Foster wrote:
drama1 wrote:

It's hands down the best keyboard I've owned to date ( so many, since 1982 )... The extra keys are wonderful, and it is so very responsive to touch...I don't miss the heavy-weighted keys one bit.

It's amazingly light and portable. After hauling a Kurzweil PC88 around for years at 53 lbs, this 30 lb. Kronos is a god-send.

It sounds fantastic, has all the features I'll ever need sonically, is an AMAZING MIDI controller for Mainstage 3 ( which I only carry because I have lots of soft-synth sounds I want for live in addition to the Kronos ) ; the Kronos LS will probably be the last keyboard I'll need or want until I wear it out physically...

Sidenote - Ironically, I started my career in 1982 on a Korg Poly 61, eventually went to a Korg M1, then eventually to a Korg Trinity V3, a Korg M3R, a Korg XD5R, and now after 35-plus years in the business...a new Kronos LS for Christmas 2017 !

Yeah, I hear ya, but the LS is just too damn long. Many of the stages I play are small and the LS would take up a bit too much stage real estate in addition to fitting in the back of my car. Plus the LS is actually 40 lbs, not 30. Glad you're happy with the LS though. For me a 73/76 semi-weighted would be perfect. Not holding my breath though.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drama1 wrote:
Johnny Foster wrote:
drama1 wrote:

Yeah, I hear ya, but the LS is just too damn long. Many of the stages I play are small and the LS would take up a bit too much stage real estate in addition to fitting in the back of my car. Plus the LS is actually 40 lbs, not 30. Glad you're happy with the LS though. For me a 73/76 semi-weighted would be perfect. Not holding my breath though.
\\

I read many posts on too heavy, too long, etc, etc

What are the exact downsides of a 61 Kronos ? for the gig.

IOW, not in theory. But in real life gigs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: