Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Kronos wish list
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What are the exact downsides of a 61 Kronos ? for the gig.

Very few actually - I guess if you are from a pianist background then 88 is most likely desired (I'm not)
If I'm really wanting more keys then in the past I have used a 76 MIDI controller and also, on occasions, my PA3x-76 as a controller.

So, very happy with my KK1-61 but as G.A.S. sets in Wink I would still like a KK2-76 S/W

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
drama1 wrote:
Johnny Foster wrote:
drama1 wrote:
I'd purchase a 73/76 semi-weighted Kronos today.

Why not get the Kronos LS then ?

It's hands down the best keyboard I've owned to date ( so many, since 1982 )... The extra keys are wonderful, and it is so very responsive to touch...I don't miss the heavy-weighted keys one bit.

It's amazingly light and portable. After hauling a Kurzweil PC88 around for years at 53 lbs, this 30 lb. Kronos is a god-send.

It sounds fantastic, has all the features I'll ever need sonically, is an AMAZING MIDI controller for Mainstage 3 ( which I only carry because I have lots of soft-synth sounds I want for live in addition to the Kronos ) ; the Kronos LS will probably be the last keyboard I'll need or want until I wear it out physically...

Sidenote - Ironically, I started my career in 1982 on a Korg Poly 61, eventually went to a Korg M1, then eventually to a Korg Trinity V3, a Korg M3R, a Korg XD5R, and now after 35-plus years in the business...a new Kronos LS for Christmas 2017 !

Yeah, I hear ya, but the LS is just too damn long. Many of the stages I play are small and the LS would take up a bit too much stage real estate in addition to fitting in the back of my car. Plus the LS is actually 40 lbs, not 30. Glad you're happy with the LS though. For me a 73/76 semi-weighted would be perfect. Not holding my breath though.
\\

I read many posts on too heavy, too long, etc, etc

IOW, not in theory. But in real life gigs.

I have the 61 key Kronos that I use live. There's simply not enough keys for most splits and most piano parts need more than 61 keys. At least that is my experience using the 61 key version. I midi it up to a PX-5S, but I'd much prefer using a single 73/76 board. My M3 was 73 keys, used it for years, loved the size, weight, perfect for most any keyboard parts that I played. But then came the Kronos and simply could not go back to the M3 because of the SST and, of course, the much better sound.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drama1 wrote:
GregC wrote:
[h.
\\

I read many posts on too heavy, too long, etc, etc

IOW, not in theory. But in real life gigs.

I have the 61 key Kronos that I use live. There's simply not enough keys for most splits and most piano parts need more than 61 keys. At least that is my experience using the 61 key version. I midi it up to a PX-5S, but I'd much prefer using a single 73/76 board. My M3 was 73 keys, used it for years, loved the size, weight, perfect for most any keyboard parts that I played. But then came the Kronos and simply could not go back to the M3 because of the SST and, of course, the much better sound.[/quote]

I get that in theory. Are you a 1 man band or doing most of the backing instruments using Kronos ?
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Play in a silly cover band, but play frequently.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drama1 wrote:
Nope. Play in a silly cover band, but play frequently.

Not picking on your preference.

Just seems that with some extra programming , the song can be split on 61 keys. And a keyboard player can advance to the next combi, for the next part, verse etc.

That extra work seems to take care of the more pressing problem of space and weight. Or maybe the weight and space of a large keyboard is not that big of a deal, after all. Maybe its more inconvenient or some extra work.

So you are not playing ELP or genesis. I haven't seen anyone explain where they frequently need more than 61 for several songs.

Given on what I see from audiences and other folks in the band, they are not technically demanding of perfection. especially if its your common bar gig
rileym65

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I just upgraded from a Krome to the Kronos. I would like to see the Piano roll edit. I used this quite a lot on the Krome and was quite surprised to see this was missing on the Kronos. The Cue List feature of the Krome would also be handy to have. I tend to compose my songs in pieces (verse, chorus, bridge, etc) and then use the Cue list to order them all together into a full song.

I would also like to have a Wavestation EXi. I have been a Wavestation player since the 90s and have amassed a large collection of patches that I would like to use on my Kronos without having to do the translating work from the Wavestation to the HD1 engine.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rileym65 wrote:
As I just upgraded from a Krome to the Kronos. I would like to see the Piano roll edit. I used this quite a lot on the Krome and was quite surprised to see this was missing on the Kronos. The Cue List feature of the Krome would also be handy to have. I tend to compose my songs in pieces (verse, chorus, bridge, etc) and then use the Cue list to order them all together into a full song.

Ie.

I can handle not having piano roll.

Omitting cue list is definitely a oversight.

Unfortunately, I doubt we will see any further Korg development of Kronos.
Its been 7 yrs, etc, etc, etc.
Darryll

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Wish List for upgrades... Reply with quote

A 64bit system that supports more ram & improved loading times would be nice. On my wish list of hardware features are a long ribbon controller under the display (like the kurzweil k2500/k2600) and having both pitch/mod wheels AND joystick (like on the Roland A-90). That would be killer!!

A scribble strip under the faders may be far fetched: But would be nice! For example, when layering sounds in combi mode (i.e. piano on fader 1, strings on 2, pads, on 3, etc.); it would be nice for a scribble strip to indicate which fader is for what for each combi. Yes, text can be setup on the screen for this, but reading it can be slow & cumbersome if the music changes are moving quick.

Just wondering though: Does anyone at Korg actually read any of these suggestions for possible future upgrades???

*Love both my Kronos 88 & 61. Thanks KORG for your continued support of a GREAT product*
keeverw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read them all, but has no one mentioned motorized faders and LED rings on the knobs?

Also, physical pads. I can't believe my M3 had this but Kronos doesn't.

That would be awesome to me!
"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not even worth comparing to the glory that will be revealed to us." Rom 8:18
pno15

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a new kronos is in the air ?

Rolling Eyes

https://kronosflyby.myweb2be.com/indexcombi.html
pno15

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway I would like :

- 32 midi tracks
- 8 karma modules
- 4 audio in
- 8 audio out
- A drum agent ...
- top level programs/combi generator
- More memory more programs
- user friendly remote interface
- Drum fills in Karma ( Hi stephen Wink )
- vst host ?

The problem is what can be sold again , after that ?

Wink

https://kronosflyby.myweb2be.com/indexcombi.html
ITguy54

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pno15 wrote:
a new kronos is in the air ?

Rolling Eyes

That's what some of us are hoping. The Kronos 2 came out in 2014, so it's not out of the realm of probability.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2018 Kronos Wishlist:

Ability to use the "Enter" and "Exit" keys to respond to dialogue boxes.
    Ability to use an external keyboard to navigate the UI
    Improved touch-screen size and angle

Ability to show Linear Time in the sequencer
    ADAT I/O, with ability to record and mix up to 8 channels (up from the current four)
    Better editing options for RPPR Patterns
    Piano-roll view (or at least to show the end-time of a note in the current event list, rather than just the gate time).
    Ability to quantise note-offs.
    Recording of release velocity in the sequencer
    Ability to use release (note-off) velocity as an AMS, particularly for release times.
    Keyboard shortcuts to set in/out points in the sequencer.
    Multiple locate points in the sequencer
    Ability to adjust loop points in the sampler whilst auditioning

Ability to name the Knobs 5-8 in programs and combis with a user-specified name (e.g. "String Brightness")
    Ability to name controllers in "External Controls"
    Send/Receive MTC
    Endless encoders for the rotary controls
    Ability to switch between samples in HD1 after note-on by modulating say, expression.

Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'd be pretty easy to please with my wish list. I'd like to see a Kronos equipped with a Vent-like built-in Leslie simulator, a nice warm tube like distortion FX, a 76/73 semi-weighted version and do away with the end wood caps. Not a big fan of wood on synths. Make the casing as small as possible. These HUGE synths are only good for home, studio or bands with lots of roadies. It'd be nice if somehow the weight was reduced also. That's it. Easy-Peasy.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the folks at Korg practically reinvented the w/s.

I am 99% sure they have all the facts and potential features. Its likely a debate of cost vs performance vs bang for the buck.

Korg can 'do it all ' on a new ( all in one) w/s , if they choose to, but that would be $5000 ( pick a high #).

My guess there is a 50% chance for a Kronos 3 January NAMM 2019. A K3 would be an incremental improvement over the K2, not a dramatic
improvement. If its a go, they are now working on it.

If this does occur, we would see a reduction in K2 inventory at retail 60/90 days
before Jan NAMM. That with an MSRP reduction would be a tangible signal of product transition.

As a Korg watchers we could mark our calendars in October as a possible clue of retail activity on the K.

Only 3 months away, if you like to plan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: