Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recording Combi mode then adding tracks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grainger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject: Recording Combi mode then adding tracks Reply with quote

Hi

Please don't laugh at my naivety. I wanted a KORG since the late 1970s, and now I finally have one! Retirement and composing awaits. My question is simple.

How can I record in COMBI mode, having spent a few hours working on tracks, ARP, drum track etc... and then add additional tracks?

I have read and re-read the manual, both video and downloaded the full version, but I'm guessing I'm doing something fundamentally wrong.

After I record the COMBI playing, I go to add further tracks and I am greeted by... silence. When I select what looks like an unused track I cant play the original back to overlay the new track.

Anyone who can help, thanks

Adrian
jcw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
You will need to use sequencer mode to record.

You can have your combi setup transfer to sequencer by pressing the ‘record’ button.

Look in the manual for sequencer and it will tell you how to record specific tracks.

All the best
John
Grainger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

Thanks for that. I think where I am getting confused is through the video manual it shows that you set up the COMBI and then press record, not the sequencer button... you get the "set up to record" on the screen, press OK and I can then record.
After recording I can select a non used track, say 7 or 8, and play the recorded combi sequence whilst previewing/ auditioning the next track. When I then go to record the additional track I lose the pre-recorded Combi sequence...!!?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Adrian
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a suspicion that you're overthinking this.

OK, so you find a combi you like. Good stuff. You practice a little, maybe decide on a few licks that you like.

Then you hit record, it asks you if you want to, you say yes, please ... you play and it records. You finish playing, and you should notice that you're in sequencer mode because it transferred all the combi effects and patches and arpeggiator settings into the sequencer.

Now, if you want to play back what you have so far, it should be easy to play. That part works, right?

I suspect that you may have forgotten to check that you select the track to record in the recording preferences tab?
Vigman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have exactly the same problem and had posted a thread that got no reply.

There are tracks that can be assigned instruments/programmes/timbres other than the ones that the combi tracks occupy but I can't get a sound out of them?

Could someone clarify the 'recording preferences tab' information please? I have read and re-read the detailed manual but cannot get additional tracks to audition, let alone record, other than the tracks used by the combi imports?

TIA

Vigman
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
I try to make light.
If I understand well, after importing the COMBI in SEQ using multi rec, some tracks not play. In multi rec mode will be ready to record all different MIDI track enable to be use.
For example, if import the COMBI A000 Piano&Strings in SEQ using Auto Setup to Record option, will see that Track 1, 3,4,5 will be ready to record. Track 2 is the same MIDI Ch with Track 1 and will play together. So if will record on track one, the Timbre 2 will play too. Track 3, and 4 is ready to set for ARP and use the MIDI Ch2 and MIDI Ch3, Also Timbre 5 is set to Drum Track and use the MIDI Ch 10.
So after MULTI REC if someone need to rec more and add more tracks , the procedure is to deselect the multi rec from Preferences, check the MIDI and Track status from paige P3 Track Parameter.( In my example the tracks 6 to 16 are set to off so not play. Must to be change it to INT). So Tracks 1 and 2 will play as a Layer, Tracks 3,4,5 is already use. Open P3, set to INT status for track 6 go to main paige, Un mute the track 6, select the MIDI track 6 (under the Song Name ) Press REC and go ahead Smile
Send me your example. Will talk around your issue.
Vigman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I had taken multi record off but have missed the MIDI and track status settings! I had obviously taken Mute off but still go no sound.

When I go to my friend again we will try this out and report back

Vigman
Vigman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to thank you so much! Crazy to have missed the track preferences and the fact that other tracks are turned off and not assigned an output eg INT

Now able to add tracks thanks to you

Vigman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: