Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa3x reseting instruments

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zingle73

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:34 am    Post subject: Pa3x reseting instruments Reply with quote

Hi, I’m trying to use PA3X as sound source for external sequencer ( Cubase9 )
But Pa3x keep reseting the instruments in the tracks even after saving the song. Please help any idea.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to use filters on Pa3x Midi IN Channels.
Filter Prg. Change.
That's should stop changing sounds on Pa3x.
In Global Midi/ General Controls you should have few presets, one of them is External Sequencer (not sure), you can try there, maybe changing preset will help.
Anyway, to control Pa3x from External device via raw midi (not specify exactly Pa3x Bank) you have to filter at least Program Change and System Exclusive.
Let us know if this help. Wink
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
Zingle73

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:33 am    Post subject: Pa3x reseting instruments Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
Filter Prg. Change.
In Global Midi/ General Controls you should have few presets, one of them is External Sequencer (not sure), you can try there, maybe changing preset will help.
Anyway, to control Pa3x from External device via raw midi (not specify exactly Pa3x Bank) you have to filter at least Program Change and System Exclusive.

Thanks Nemik for your reply, but this problem is happening even without connecting the keyboard to PC !
I also tried all the possible midi setting including external seq. Still reseting all the sounds back to it’s original status. I tried to prepare the tracks just like when start to record regular sequencer and save it but no chance.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: Pa3x reseting instruments Reply with quote

Zingle73 wrote:
Nemik wrote:
Filter Prg. Change.

Thanks Nemik for your reply, but this problem is happening even without connecting the keyboard to PC !
I also tried all the possible midi setting including external seq. Still reseting all the sounds back to it’s original status. I tried to prepare the tracks just like when start to record regular sequencer and save it but no chance.

Try to save as a new song with new name.
Performers Heaven
Zingle73

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Pa3x reseting instruments Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
Zingle73 wrote:
Nemik wrote:
Filter Prg. Change.

Try to save as a new song with new name.

I already tried it. still the same thing when I Re-load it again comes back the same.
I don't get it. this didn't happen before.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: Pa3x reseting instruments Reply with quote

Ok, let's start over, I'm kinda lost what you trying to do.
First you said you trying to use Pa3x as source for external sequencer.
Zingle73 wrote:
But Pa3x keep reseting the instruments in the tracks even after saving the song. Please help any idea.

Then you said happen even without PC.
Zingle73 wrote:

so, sorry but I lost you,. you need to be more specific.
1.Tell exactly what you try to do.
a. record midi
b. edit midi
c. only use as player Pa3x.
2. If you using 16 Channels midi or 8 channels style tracks?
3. In very details tell how you doing and what happen.
4. Please include at least one track info before and after error (what is resetting).
Otherwise is hard to tell what's wrong.
I'm sure if we understand exactly, then we can help.
Performers Heaven
Zingle73

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Pa3x reseting instruments Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
Ok, let's start over, I'm kinda lost what you trying to do.
First you said you trying to use Pa3x as source for external sequencer.
Zingle73 wrote:

Then you said happen even without PC.
Zingle73 wrote:

so, sorry but I lost you,. you need to be more specific.
1.Tell exactly what you try to do.
a. record midi
b. edit midi
c. only use as player Pa3x.
2. If you using 16 Channels midi or 8 channels style tracks?
3. In very details tell how you doing and what happen.
4. Please include at least one track info before and after error (what is resetting).
Otherwise is hard to tell what's wrong.
I'm sure if we understand exactly, then we can help.

Ok, let’s start over.
I want to use pa sounds to record midi in cubase. Before connecting to PC. I prepare the tracks in PA3.
In sequencer mode I assigned Drums to the first track.
Saved the song.

When I try to check my setup is saved, I reload the saved song then ( every thing is gone ) the first track reset and become piano.
It was Piano > I change it to Drums & save it > after reload it becomes Piano again ?

I hope it’s better explaining this time
Thanks for help
Very Happy
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Pa3x reseting instruments Reply with quote

Zingle73 wrote:

Ok, let’s start over.
I want to use pa sounds to record midi in cubase. Before connecting to PC. I prepare the tracks in PA3.
Saved the song.

When I try to check my setup is saved, I reload the saved song then ( every thing is gone ) the first track reset and become piano.
It was Piano > I change it to Drums & save it > after reload it becomes Piano again ?

Thanks for help
Very Happy

Drums must be always on track 10.
That's midi standard.
is this happen only to this track?
Try assign any other (not Drums) sound.

Did you try play it ? Wink
Performers Heaven
Zingle73

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Pa3x reseting instruments Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
Zingle73 wrote:

Ok, let’s start over.
Saved the song.

Thanks for help
Very Happy

That's midi standard.

Yes, the same thing happened to other tracks, I play all the tracks and check them before Reloading.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: Pa3x reseting instruments Reply with quote

Zingle73 wrote:
Nemik wrote:
Zingle73 wrote:

Ok, let’s start over.
Saved the song.

Thanks for help
Very Happy

That's midi standard.

Yes, the same thing happened to other tracks, I play all the tracks and check them before Reloading.

I meant after saving, when you first time load any midi is not showing right tracts until you start playing, Sounds initialization info are on the first line of midi tracks.
Performers Heaven
Zingle73

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: Pa3x reseting instruments Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
Zingle73 wrote:
Nemik wrote:
Zingle73 wrote:

Ok, let’s start over.
Saved the song.

Thanks for help
Very Happy

That's midi standard.

I meant after saving, when you first time load any midi is not showing right tracts until you start playing, Sounds initialization info are on the first line of midi tracks.

I tried this too. still the same results?
Zingle73

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found one more thing, when assigning all the sounds in the 16 tracks and save the song. Actually, PA is not saving any thing. only if there is actual midi notes recorded in PA. Other than that PA won't recognize the tracks, which is mean I can't use it as sound source for External Sequencer.
is it possible?
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zingle73 wrote:
I found one more thing, when assigning all the sounds in the 16 tracks and save the song. Actually, PA is not saving any thing. only if there is actual midi notes recorded in PA. Other than that PA won't recognize the tracks, which is mean I can't use it as sound source for External Sequencer.
is it possible?

well, Info about assign sound is in midi track, if is empty, means is no track, no info, any, not only Pa midi player always ignoring empty tracks.
you can make tracks without notes, then will have info, but using Korg Pa as sound module is not like you think, ... best way is using Cubase template for Korg Pa, which you can download from korg website.
http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/307/2470/
I'm not sure is this template will exactly what you need, but give you idea how can be make.
You have to specify in Cubase track sound info, means you need to set location.
Every sound on Korg Pa has set of 3 number separate by dot looks like 121.008.003.
In your Cubase track you need to set exactly same number as has sound on PA, you find this number on display next to name and group.
if you do this correctly, when you start playing midi on Cubase, tracks will send on beginning, midi message and change on pa.
Wish I can tell you more, but currently I'm not working with Cubase and I don't wanna get you confuse how must be done, but I know is possible.
Try find some YouTube tutorials about midi routing to external devices.
Performers Heaven
Zingle73

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
Zingle73 wrote:
is it possible?

well, Info about assign sound is in midi track, if is empty, means is no track, no info, any, not only Pa midi player always ignoring empty tracks.
you can make tracks without notes, then will have info, but using Korg Pa as sound module is not like you think, ... best way is using Cubase template for Korg Pa, which you can download from korg website.
http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/307/2470/
I'm not sure is this template will exactly what you need, but give you idea how can be make.
You have to specify in Cubase track sound info, means you need to set location.
Every sound on Korg Pa has set of 3 number separate by dot looks like 121.008.003.
In your Cubase track you need to set exactly same number as has sound on PA, you find this number on display next to name and group.
if you do this correctly, when you start playing midi on Cubase, tracks will send on beginning, midi message and change on pa.
Wish I can tell you more, but currently I'm not working with Cubase and I don't wanna get you confuse how must be done, but I know is possible.
Try find some YouTube tutorials about midi routing to external devices.

Thank you Bro. You're a real genius, that's exactly what I was looking for. I didn't know korg has one. it's very tedious to set new midi device. Thanks again.
ebuzer52
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds must be in tracks between 1 and 8, kits must be 9 and 16. When you changed any track or sounds, before you save it, you must play multitrack sequencer for one measure and after save it. if any result could not be solve for you, please format to keyboard and if keyboard resets itself, check your bios battery life.

i hope you will find the best solvation at the end.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: