Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA3X is better then Pa4x it cant be... pa4x downgraded?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vetsnipe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: PA3X is better then Pa4x it cant be... pa4x downgraded? Reply with quote

I cant believe what i am seeing and reading on pa4x manual.........

YOU ONLY CAN ADD 2 FX on keyboard set sounds on pa4x, but on pa3x you can add 3 fx on keyboard set sounds Crying or Very sad

This is impossible did korg engineers downgraded pa4x ? but why ? this is unbelievable.. please correct me if i am wrong...

I had pa3x before, now i purchased PA4X AND FOUND OUT IT THE HARD WAY

pa4x suppose to be better then 3x it should have 4 fx for keyboard set sounds not 2 This is a nightmare why korg did this? does not make any sense. please hellllllllllllp..
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
please correct me if i am wrong

Read page 158 in the PA4X manual
Read page 125 in the PA3X manual

This should answer your question...

Before you get concerned about any other differences, please bear in mind that the PA4X has a newly designed OS - it is not an updated PA3X.

Cheers
Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
vetsnipe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying there is a different way of adding the 3rd effect on the sound on pa4x? I am talking about group FX b for sounds not the Accompaniments.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very accurate ! one master KBSet effect is missing compared with Pa3X as some other critical older STS
standalone features like velocity to fill & individual preferences !
The reason of reducing 3 KBS master effects to 2 , has nothing to do with newly designed OS and similar excuses ...
this is clearly for hardaware reasons and CPU speed because extra insert effects have been added to styles engine !
You can use instead the KBD SET insert effect for missing 3rd one , unless you've had already use it.
Do not ever regret for your upgrade to Pa4X , since the upcoming 2 GBs Ram upgrade (user streaming) will
definitely reward you ... Wink

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Snoopy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
...since the upcoming 2 GBs Ram upgrade (user streaming) will definitely reward you ...

Hi Antony,

did I miss something ?

Upgrade to ( or of ) 2 GB RAM ? Hardware or just using the internal drive for that ???

PA4X MUSIKANT, OS 3.1.0, PKG-Version
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Streaming from disk is not possible when HD is working with packet protocol of USB2 interface ... too damned slow !
The only streaming option is the internal 2 GB flash rom space devoted for that purpose , the rest info will be released soon , be patient ...

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Vex

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I good reader between the lines? Pa4x will get disk streaming support with additional upgrade?
vetsnipe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
This is very accurate ! one master KBSet effect is missing compared with Pa3X as some other critical older STS
standalone features like velocity to fill & individual preferences !
The reason of reducing 3 KBS master effects to 2 , has nothing to do with newly designed OS and similar excuses ...
this is clearly for hardaware reasons and CPU speed because extra insert effects have been added to styles engine !
You can use instead the KBD SET insert effect for missing 3rd one , unless you've had already use it.
Do not ever regret for your upgrade to Pa4X , since the upcoming 2 GBs Ram upgrade (user streaming) will
definitely reward you ... Wink

Hope this helps

I completely agree with you the guy above you makes ridicules excuses about new OS. pa4X is the successor for the old pa3x it needs to be more powerful it suppose to have more effect not less. I am paying $4000 for the pa4x i need my god damn 3rd effect, now there is no reason for me to get pa4x ill get pa1000 instead + i dont have to waist another 500 for the paas speaker.
KORG engineers really screw this one up. or maybe i am thinking they did this intentionally so they can sell their kronos series. Are you saying pa4x upgrade will increase the PCM from 400mb to 2gb? that sounds too good to be true are you sure?

Also how do you mean i can add insert fx for the 3rd effect? please explain how?
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to believe this is a deal breaker but there you go Smile
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vetsnipe wrote:
how do you mean i can add insert fx for the 3rd effect? please explain how?

Under STYLE PLAY / Select screen KBD SET page , press menu / Mixer/Tuning > Insert FX
there you can use one insert FX for one Upper Sound !
This is not a big deal lacking , since already in Pa3X , when selecting a complex insert FX the 3rd master FX
is disabled since both groups share the same FX blocks that do not happen in Pa4X !
Pa1000 and all newer models have also 2 master effects ... this won't change and as I've said , this
is a pure hardware capability option and not an intention , and FYI , Kronos HD Engine (sampler) is
very outdated in editing features , close to Trinity/Triton/M3 age , compared to Pa4X best sampler
engine in the world !
Pa1000 will also surprise you all in the near future as I suspect to be the first Pa model with factory shipped
custom samples streaming mode feature from internal mobo nand flash Rom !
The rest will be announced soon ... Wink

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
vetsnipe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
vetsnipe wrote:
how do you mean i can add insert fx for the 3rd effect? please explain how?

Under STYLE PLAY / Select screen KBD SET page , press menu / Mixer/Tuning > Insert FX
there you can use one insert FX for one Upper Sound !
This is not a big deal lacking , since already in Pa3X , when selecting a complex insert FX the 3rd master FX is disabled.
Pa1000 and all newer models have also 2 master effects ... this won't change and as I've said , this
is a pure hardware capability option and not an intention , and FYI , Kronos HD Engine (sampler) is
very outdated in editing features , close to Trinity/Triton/M3 age , compared to Pa4X best sampler
engine in the world !
Pa1000 will also surprise you all in the near future as I suspect to be the first Pa model with factory shipped
custom samples streaming mode feature from internal mobo nand flash Rom !
The rest will be announced soon ... Wink

AntonySharmman your the man man you exactly know what i am talking about .. can you please help me to decide which one to keep pa4x or pa1000

I love pa1000's speakers, i hate pa4x does not have speakers,
I like pa1000 300mb compressed pcm space, I even like more pa4x 400mb pcm compressed space

i am not a pro, just playing home, I need more pcm and i need pa1000 speakers so what do i do?
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI : Pa4X at present time can handle 800Mb of compressed samples (until next OS release).
Contrary , I hate any kind of embedded speaker system in keyboards , the quality is too poor for my standards
in any kind of use and I always use external monitors of high quality that should be always separated from each
other (fourier interaction in low/low-mid areas) and under a stereo angle concerning my stereo image !
Any home stereo system is a better monitor system than any PaS system wasting of money !
Want a silent environment ? use headphones , else let a high-end arranger like Pa4X / Genos "breath" loudly in
real space dimentions !
Concerning Pa4X vs Pa1000 is like Pro vs amateur in hardware/Memory/keybed/construction level !

Hope this helps

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:58 am; edited 2 times in total
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integral speakers are generally a bit of a compromise. They might make for a convenient "package" but, sound quality-wise, won't match playing through a decent set of nearfield monitors, or quality headphones/earbuds.

When the PCM expansion Anthony talks about is released, go for it!!

vetsnipe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
FYI : Pa4X at present time can handle 800Mb of compressed samples (until next OS release).
Contrary , I hate any kind of embedded speaker system in keyboards , the quality is too poor for my standards
in any kind of use and I always use external monitors of high quality that should be always separated from each
other (fourier interaction in low/low-mid areas) and under a stereo angle concerning my stereo image !
Any home stereo system is a better monitor system than any PaS system wasting of money !
Want a silent environment ? use headphones , else let a high-end arranger like Pa4X / Genos "breath" loudly in
real space dimentions !
Concerning Pa4X vs Pa1000 is like Pro vs amateur in hardware/Memory/keybed/construction level !

Hope this helps

Wait wait wait!! What? Antony... Do you mean 400mb compressed samples, because 800mb compressed samples will mean 1600mb linear data?

are you saying korg doubled the PCM data space on pa4x on this new update?

another question.. what if i connect pa4x to my computer speakers ( its the (creative t4) powerful premium speakers. will this sound better then pa1000's internal speakers?
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- What is really matters is the actual size of custom samples that you can import in Pa4X and this size is 800 Mb
until this will almost be trippled !
- Do you ever expect to listen to a real live band from PC speakers ?
Only a real snare drum requires 600W of accustic power to be naturally reproduced ... so go configure !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: