Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Connecting Korg Volca Bass with iPad- IOS apps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DannyDarko

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Connecting Korg Volca Bass with iPad- IOS apps Reply with quote

I would like to connect the Volca Bass with my iPad so that I can make use of AMPS & FX apps like ToneStack and AmpliTube. (I want to mess around with delay FX, like ToneStack's 'Cosmic Echo'). To be clear, I want the sound of the Korg go through the iPad and use the software FX of various stompboxes to add delay, echo, EQ and so on. I also would like to ability record everything on the iPad in the highest possible quality. I understand there is the iRig2, but this is for guitars, and I understood that it will give overdrive if I use the standard iRig. And I wonder if this will give the best sound quality. I spoke with a guy from a music store and he recommended me the IK Multimedia iRig Pro Duo ( http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigproduo/ ).
He told me that the only way to attach the Korg to the iRig Pro Duo was using a jack 3.5mm stereo - 2x jack male 1.5m cable ( https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/jack-jack/devine-va5015-jack-3-5mm-stereo-2x-jack-male-1-5m-cable) from Korg Volca the headphone port to the iRig. I would like to double check with you guys if this is all correct information, as the iRig Pro Duo is not cheap. Do I need the Duo option, will the single Pro not work well? Also, is the headphone port on the Volca the only way out? Will I not get the overdrive with the Pro Duo?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: