Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Microkey 37 is unstable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erfanium

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject: Microkey 37 is unstable Reply with quote

Hi for all
My korg mircokey 37 after 1.5 years, For no apparent reason, Has become unstable.
After POWER ON، microkey tuned on and work correctly, but after 1 or 2 minutes, it tuned off and don't work. And it not work until replug
Also, I tested the device on several different devices
My Pc OS: Windows10 64bit
DAW software: fl studio
Can someone help me? Tnx
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the behaviour of the microKey the same on all devices tested? What devices were tested? Do the buttons no longer work at all e.g. do the octave down/up buttons still light? Does the USB overload detection alert come on on the PC? Doesthe microKey current draw reduce when the device stops working? (this can be measured using a USB charge monitor e.g. search eBay for: Keweisi USB Charger Power Battery Capacity Tester Voltage Current).
Erfanium

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
Is the behaviour of the microKey the same on all devices tested? What devices were tested? Do the buttons no longer work at all e.g. do the octave down/up buttons still light? Does the USB overload detection alert come on on the PC? Doesthe microKey current draw reduce when the device stops working? (this can be measured using a USB charge monitor e.g. search eBay for: Keweisi USB Charger Power Battery Capacity Tester Voltage Current).

Thanks for your support
This microkey has problems with all the devices I've checked (pc windows 10, Laptop windows 8.1, Tablet android 7)
2. No, microkey turns off completly and and dosnt work.
3.I don't have that current measure
Interesting is that when I plug my mobile with USB cable in "internal microkey USB hub", microkey starts working again!
for this reason, I think the "GL850G USB hub controller" has problem. It will fix to replace that Ic chip? (My microkey doesn't have warranty )
I am electronic engeenier and i can replace that .
Goodluck
Erfanium

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one can help me???😐😐😐😐
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The folks on this forum are enthusiastic, but busy people, and this is not a helpdesk. We try to help when we can. Plus there are mixed messages coming through e.g.

"Interesting is that when I plug my mobile with USB cable in "internal microkey USB hub", microkey starts working again!
for this reason, I think the "GL850G USB hub controller" has problem. It will fix to replace that Ic chip? (My microkey doesn't have warranty )
I am electronic engeenier and i can replace that."

Seems like the situation is under control and doesn't need any more assistance. In any case, what is the "internal microkey USB hub"? A bit more detail might help.
Erfanium

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
The folks on this forum are enthusiastic, but busy people, and this is not a helpdesk. We try to help when we can. Plus there are mixed messages coming through e.g.

"Interesting is that when I plug my mobile with USB cable in "internal microkey USB hub", microkey starts working again!
I am electronic engeenier and i can replace that."

Seems like the situation is under control and doesn't need any more assistance. In any case, what is the "internal microkey USB hub"? A bit more detail might help.

Korg microkey 37 has 2 usb output for connecting other USB devices.
USB outputs are controlled with hub ic

voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the mobile with USB cable was connected where? To the external USB-A connector, or somewhere internally? Was it connected this way before the problems started? Does the mobile support On The Go? If so, applying power in the reverse direction via the Microkey USB-A connector could damage the hub IC.

Has the hub controller IC been replaced yet?
Erfanium

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
And the mobile with USB cable was connected where? To the external USB-A connector, or somewhere internally? Was it connected this way before the problems started? Does the mobile support On The Go? If so, applying power in the reverse direction via the Microkey USB-A connector could damage the hub IC.

Has the hub controller IC been replaced yet?

It only happens when i connect microkey with USB type A to my PC and connect my phone with USB type B.
My phone has support OTG
That IC has not replaced yet
I'm going to replace USB Hub controller ic, because i think this is the only possible chance to repair it.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems like new information. Is it correct that the problem only happens when PC and mobile are BOTH connected to the microKEY? And, if so, just for the avoidance of doubt, is the setup as follows?:

[PC]=USB-A <====> USB-B=[microKEY]=USB-A <====> Micro USB=[Mobile Phone]

Where:
1. <====> is a USB cable of some sort
2. [ZZZ]=USB-Y or USB-Y=[ZZZ] is device ZZZ connected with a USB connector of type designated by "Y"

[edited to resolve a conflict - the microKEY only has one USB-B port]

If the setup is as above, then the mobile device will try to take battery charge current after a short period during which the mobile tries to establish the power source it has been connected to. The total current drawn by the mobile and microKEY combined eventually becomes too much, and the USB controller shuts down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: