Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Program organization

View previous topic :: View next topic  
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:13 am    Post subject: Program organization Reply with quote

I have a 2012 Kronos (1) and a Kronos 2. I use one at Church and the other at home. At the time I bought the K2, I decided to not use the new program organization in the K2, but to use the one in my first Kronos since I need them to be the same.

Now, I have a couple of weeks break and was thinking of switching to the K2 organization format. This will break my custom combi's of course. Is there a way to preserve my combi's, about 100, without doing it manually one by one?

BTW, I just purchased my first new sound set, Italian Grand, for both units. Loving it so far!

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
rei0429

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any problem with simply save K1 PCG and load at K2?

or paste your custom combi on PRELOAD_KRONOSX.PCG in factory data using PCGTools
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I've been doing is editing the programs/combis on the K1 unit and copying that to the K2.

But, I changed the preload in the K2 to the one in the K1. This means I don't have access to the included new sounds of the K2.

So it occurs to me now that I didn't need to change the preload, just the programs/combis like I've been doing. Hmm...

I'll try switching the preload in the K2 back to it's original version and see if everything still works.

Geo
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Sweat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several options, but here is a suggestion that I have done. Using PCG Tools or Kronos editor, first generate a list to determine all programs that are referenced by your custom Combis. Then using the software, move those referenced programs into banks U-DD, U-EE, U-FF, U-GG in any order. This can take a while, but the software should maintain and update the program reference in your combis.

For me, I set program banks U-DD and U-EE to EXi type, while U-FF and U-GG are type HD1.

Afterwards, save a custom .PCG with only your personal combi/program banks and setlist. Then you can load this in either K1 or K2, as well as load either preload-K1 or preload-K2 into either without overwriting any bank. Just make sure when loading a preload, you do not overwrite program banks U-DD thru U-GG. (I think preload-K2 uses U-AA and U-BB.)

For the workflow, whenever you want to use a factory preload program in custom combi, be sure to copy, store, and reference it only to your program banks U-DD thru U-GG.

Want to load another sound library to see if there are any cool programs you could use in you custom combis? Instead of loading into U-GG (possibly the default), have no fear loading into program banks I-A thru I-F or U-A thru U-G. Audition and copy just the program(s) that you want to your personal banks U-DD thru U-GG. Afterwards, simply restore any factory preload, if you like.

If you use drum kits, they are another consideration, but can also be incorporated into this organized setup.
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did load the original preload in the K2 and it didn't affect my combis. Looking through the programs in the SSD there seems to be a lot of new stuff not on the original Kronos. I'll likely keep the organization as it is and if I find anything in the newer programs of the K2 just load them one at a time as needed.

Thanks for your help. I do have those PC programs and may look into it in the future.

Geo
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: