Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is best Korg keyboard to upgrade to from Triton Extreme

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffkluth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject: What is best Korg keyboard to upgrade to from Triton Extreme Reply with quote

I love my Korg Triton Extreme (been using Triton for 10 years) but am considering an upgrade. Dont know too much about the M series or Kronos but can anyone recommend a keyboard that is similar in terms of having sampling, arepegiators and more than 8 programs per combination ?

Thanks in advance !
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's your budget?

Did you want to stay with Korg or consider something else?
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Jeff

Krome is probably the most similar to the triton -- arps, similar architecture, excellent sounds from kronos, adds dedicated drum track with better variety or pop/rock/jazz/ethnic patterns vs many many techno patterns in the extreme.

I think it only has 8 tracks per multi, tho. (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong). It may have more in the sequencer section.

Don't get 16 voice multi's till you move up to Kronos - but Kronos opts for the KARMA rather than arpeggiator patterns for building complex multi's so unless that is somewhere in your past there's a pretty steep learning curve for applying arps to your multis.

If you're a guy who does mostly drums with the Triton's arpeggiators, the drum tracks are pretty sweet in the kronos - lots of styles and room for user patterns. However the 'swing %' option of the triton arpeggiators is not there on the drum tracks. (I for one wish that would be included in a firmware update.)

To get swing you'd have to use the karma patterns for drums and edit to add the swing factor -- it is there. If you have a good drum sequencer, you can always download patterns that are exactly what you want and there are a couple of hundred slots for that.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: