Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scrolling Lyrics in MP3 of Original Song - Success!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
k_sac

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject: Scrolling Lyrics in MP3 of Original Song - Success! Reply with quote

I record my backing tracks for original songs from Midi into MP3 format because of glitches I've experienced with the on-board Midi playback (different topic). I also make some of my own arrangements of cover tunes. I really wanted to take advantage of the option to display lyrics on the screen, but wanted the lyrics to scroll while playing instead of manually having to update the screen during play. I FOUND THE ANSWER - after much trial and error.

You should have your instrumental MP3 file ready to go.

Download SYLT Editor from https://www.compuphase.com/software_sylteditor.htm. and install the program. Open the MP3 file. You will see a window that says "This track has no ID3 Tag" Click OK and continue. Click Edit, Verify SYLT Table. Use the second column to enter your lyrics, leave the first column blank. Press {Enter} for each new line of lyric. Once you have entered all the lyrics, play the MP3 file. Press the {spacebar} when each new lyric line should start with the music until all the lyrics have a timestamp. Choose: File, Export SYLT to LRC and enter a file name. Note that even though this program claims to embed the lyrics with the MP3 file (if you save it), I found that it only brought in the first two lines.

Now you can load the MP3 into the Korg player and click on lyrics - worked like a charm for me Smile

BUT.. check out my post below for an even better free product.

Last edited by k_sac on Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total
maindj

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!! Thank you.
k_sac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I discovered that as long as I verified the table under Edit > Verify SYLT Table - that the only program I need is the SYLT Editor. Then I just save the MP3 file. It's awesome.

Thank you - CompuPhase for developing this product!
angelitto

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting and good method. Thanks for sharing this. I tried on one of my mp3's and it works very well Smile
k_sac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I found something even better and more stable and still free! https://sourceforge.net/projects/karlyriceditor/?source=typ_redirect

This product will create a .cdg file. As long as the .cdg file matches the .mp3 file name, it will work.

I really like the interface for timing the lyrics with the music because you can start and continue marking at any point. You will need start and stop points for each line. It also does not install anything, it all works straight from a single executable file that you download.

To use. You start a new project, accept the LRC Version 2. Associate the music file MP3 and enter bio info and you are ready. Type in your lyrics, play the song and click on the "insert mark" button to mark the beginning and end of each line. I was able to type lyrics and mark as I went along. For a screen break, just leave a blank line.

Once you are done, you simply choose: Project > Export CD+G file.

Tips: keep your text lines short in order to get the maximum font size for your .cdg file (maximum 35 characters per line to create a size 11 font). Also, it does not matter which font you use to create the .cdg file, the Korg displays the same font. So, the more streamlined font you use to create the .cdg file, the bigger the font you can get. For 11-point font, you can get away with 10 lines per screen and so on (see application settings).

Load the song into your Korg keyboard. You won't see the lyrics appear until the song starts playing. If you still don't see the lyrics, check the Lyrics screen for a small button "CDG" in the upper right corner.

Have fun!
angelitto

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excelent job. Thanks a lot for sharing.
I tried second method and works well. Its really easy to create cdg files.
But, in my pa1000 its a bit slow when changing screens. I tried with font +12, +13, +14. Did u experimented that slowness?
k_sac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pa4x screens switch pretty well. I have been using 11 font. Try experimenting with the stop and start times.
Tom04

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!
Thanx for this hint. I've already paid for a Mac app, but this software works well for free.
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karen - this is the best tip for the pa series I've seen in a long time. Just tried the karlyriceditor program to make a CD+G for my Pa3x and it worked flawlessly. This opens up a world of opportunities like embedding Chords with the Lyrics so it would make a performance easy.
This is a program that many Korg Pa users will find very very useful.
Thanks again.
[One tip I might add - after downloading and extracting, the exe file will probably be still in your downloads folder - so make a new folder in say Documents and copy it to there and then create a shortcut to it by right-clicking the exe file.]

Last edited by Reuben on Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:43 am; edited 2 times in total
k_sac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reuben - so glad this was helpful - I spent a lot of time and effort on this because I wanted it so-ooo much. I also add the chords as a line above the lyrics.
angelitto

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@k_sac, can you share a cdg file with lyrics+chords? I want to make the same operation and i want to see how you did it.
k_sac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

angelitto - I took screen captures. I am running the lyrics on a PA4x. Hope this helps. Bummer that it seems you can't use Google Drive pictures with the image tag.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wa_smOfe_eDG6fmYwZjs5LiAH__s4kvn/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=15MvbR3SPbuuBZsHPW40dQkxp471Rc3V3

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16UZa66pelKRj783f4mbtDGSB7qDjj_KV
angelitto

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I got it now.
It seems pa1000 can't run smooth the cdg files. There is a delay, and its annoying. Maybe a new OS will make it better.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Karen. Curious to see if this works on my PA3xLE. Smile

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should work fine on the Pa3xle - it works perfectly on my Pa3x.
I've tried putting the chords with the lyrics and found it works well if you use standard brackets as follows:

(Eb) Its a little bit (AbM7)funny
(Bb/D)This feeling in(Gm)side...

Mostly I use midi files and add the lyrics/chords myself but for the odd MP3 the "karlyriceditor" program works great.
Slightly off topic - can anyone recommend a good free program for adding lyrics to midi files? The one I use (GNmidi) is cumbersome and now quite old.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: