Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pedal assignment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reno2402

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject: Pedal assignment Reply with quote

Hello! I recently purchased a Kronos. I used to own an Oasis, so I'm familiar with the OS on the Kronos.

What I would like to know is can I assign a pedal function, ie volume pedal, on a per program basis, or is it a global setting only? To clarify my question, let's say I want to set up a combi of piano and strings. I want to be able to control the volume of the strings with a volume pedal. Is it possible to program the pedal assignment to work on a variety of different combi's in this fashion? If so, how do I assign this function to a combi?

I appreciate any help you guys can provide!!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Pedal assignment Reply with quote

Reno2402 wrote:
Hello! I recently purchased a Kronos. I used to own an Oasis, so I'm familiar with the OS on the Kronos.

What I would like to know is can I assign a pedal function, ie volume pedal, on a per program basis, or is it a global setting only? To clarify my question, let's say I want to set up a combi of piano and strings. I want to be able to control the volume of the strings with a volume pedal. Is it possible to program the pedal assignment to work on a variety of different combi's in this fashion? If so, how do I assign this function to a combi?

I appreciate any help you guys can provide!!

you are almost there in combi mode. Take a look at Midi Filter tabs 1, 2, and 3.
See the check boxes. You also need to establish the pedal as a controller in Global.

Your question is very common. Likely someone will give you a perfect step by step.

FYI, google search this forum. The forum has a search but does not work well.

Then of course, there is YouTube.

I think it is good practice to learn how to ' fish '
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Combi is the easier place to work on a per combi basis. Setting up the pedal is a global thing on global, but combi has a midi filter page that allows you to filter out some of the global midi messages per timbre or track.

You will see on one of your midi filter pages the option to disable foot pedal per each track or timbre. Check boxes that fill in or clear out to disable a function.

Parameter guide shows a list of options that foot pedal can assign to in global.
“Master volume” is one setting and “volume cc#07” is another. cc#07 setting is for volume per program or combi. Also “Expression cc#11 related to volume control. Between these 3 volume control options, one should do the job. AMS route is also possible on a per program basis ,but is a lot more work rummaging to find out if the AMS option exists for the parameter or control you want.
You do have to assign Pedal to some CC# function in global before it can work for you in program or combi. From there, in combi or sequencer, you can filter its function out on a per track/timbre basis.

~~~~~~~~~~Excerpt parameter guide page 1113~~~~~~~~~~
Foot Pedal Assignments
You can connect a pedal (such as the optional Korg XVP-10 or EXP-2) to the rear-panel ASSIGNABLE PEDAL input, and then use it to control a wide variety of functions, as described below.
This setting is made for the entire KRONOS, on the Global P2–1 Controller page.

A note on MIDI CCs
Some of the assignments include MIDI CCs, which are transmitted whenever the knob is moved. Note that the MIDI CCs can still be received even if they are not assigned to a physical controller.
RT Knobs 5-8 and SW1/2 are special cases, since these can themselves be assigned to different MIDI CCs. If the footswitch is assigned to duplicate these controls, it will also use their CC assignments.

List of Foot Pedal assignments
Off
This setting disables the pedal.

Master Volume
This controls the overall volume, and transmits the Universal System Exclusive Master Volume message [F0H, 7FH, nn, 04, 01, vv, mm, F7H]. You can use this to adjust the volumes of all Tracks or Timbres at the same time, while preserving their relative balance.
For more information, see the diagram under “Master Volume Slider” on page 24.

Foot Pedal (CC#04)
You can use this general-purpose controller as an AMS or Dmod source. Note that you’ll also need to assign Foot Pedal (CC#04) to control the desired parameter within the Program or Effect.

Portamento Time (CC#05)
Controls the speed at which portamento will change the pitch.

Volume (CC#07)
Control the volume of a Program, Combination, or of a MIDI track in Sequencer modes.

Post IFX Pan (CC# 08 )
Control the pan after passing through the Insert Effect.

Pan (CC#10)
Control the pan of a Program, of a timbre in a Combination, or of a MIDI track in Sequencer modes.

Expression (CC#11)
Expression is a secondary volume control, which you can use to scale level without affecting the main volume settings or CC#7 values. For more information, see “Expression (CC#11)” on page 1110.

FX Control 1 & 2 (CC#s12 & 13)
These assignments are intended for Effect Dynamic Modulation (Dmod). Note that you’ll also need to assign FX Control 1 or 2 to control the desired parameter within the Effect.

MFX Send 1 & 2 (CC#s 93 & 91)
These control the send levels to Master Effects 1 and 2, respectively.

CC#s 93 and 91 actually control send levels in two different places: the sends directly from the Program OSC or EXi, and the send levels of the last Insert Effect in the chain which matches the CC’s MIDI channel.

JS+Y (CC#01)
This duplicates the function of JS+Y. Whatever JS+Y is assigned to control, the pedal will control as well.

JS–Y (CC#02)
This duplicates the function of JS–Y. Whatever JS–Y is assigned to control, the pedal will control as well.

Ribbon (CC#16)
This duplicates the function of the ribbon controller. Whatever the ribbon is assigned to control, the pedal will control as well.

Value Slider (CC# 18 )
Pedal operation will control the effect of the VALUE slider.

RT Knob 1–8
This duplicates the function of the selected REAL TIME KNOB. Whatever the knob is assigned to control, the pedal will control as well.

KARMA RTC Slider1–8
This duplicates the function of the selected KARMA SLIDER. Whatever the slider is assigned to control, the pedal will control as well.
mikeyd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you 19! Appreciate your detailed answer.
Reno2402

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I finally had a chance to try your suggestion, and it worked perfectly!

I appreciate your help!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: