Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Preset drum patterns to Oasys

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SCHWEATS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject: Kronos Preset drum patterns to Oasys Reply with quote

The Oasys has 155 preset drum patterns. The Kronos has 697… Both have 100 user pattern memory slots.
Is it possible to some how transfer the additional patterns from the Kronos into the Oasys ?
So far ,as a test, I used a 4g thumb drive and chose 12 patterns on the Kronos,
put each pattern into a RPPR pattern , then 'put' the pattern to a track in a sequence and saved the song. I then saved all 12 songs to my thumb drive. I formatted the thumb drive in FAT 32 format.
I then mounted the thumb drive into my Oasys. The Oasys does indeed read that there is a thumb drive connected displayed in the Drive Select tab in Disk mode , BUT, when i click on the folder with all the sequences ,and try to open that folder it responds with a dialog box indicating 'File Unavailable' .
Is there any other way to move those preset Kronos drum patterns into the Oasys ? Many thanks in advance - Jim
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just guessing here, but would it not be better to format the thumb drive first, then download your sequences to the the drive as std midi files and then introduce into the Oasys? Worth a shot anyway. Confused

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
SCHWEATS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:33 am    Post subject: Preset Drums from Kronos… Reply with quote

for clarity… yes, I formatted the thumb drive first.

I will try and save the Kronos seq. /song files containing the preset drum patterns as a SMF and see if they will load into the Oasys - Many Thanks

Jim
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,

I figured that you formated first; just wanted to make sure. How did transferring as SMF's work out? Hope you got it sorted as that would be a great plus for our old Oasys boards. Best regards.

Eric Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
SCHWEATS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:42 am    Post subject: Kronos Drum presets Reply with quote

Yes, the Kronos factory drum presets translated to the Oasys with some adjusting. I chose a preset , put it to track in the Kronos sequenecer mode, chose the Studio standard kit as the drum kit program
and saved as a SMF. Next, saved to my thumb drive.
Powered on my Oasys and inserted the USB thumb drive only to find that the drive is not read … I then powered down the Oasys, repowered up and surprise, the thumb drive is now 'seen' and all the SMFs were all available.

Next the adjustments… each and every sequence when saved as an SMF entered a patch change for the Studio Standard kit in the Kronos which is a different location than the factory Studio Standard Kit (I-A 004) in the Oasys and additionally CC #91 and #93 change with values of OOO for both . So I erased those and changed the program change to fit the Oasys along with copying the IFX and MFX into the sequence and then saved in Oasys format. The Oasys contains 155 factory presets and the Kronos, 697. I only copied over approx 24 to simply to see if they would work and via saving as SMF's they did. In time i will examine all the rest from the Kronos and copy over what i like and leave what I don't…… Many thanks Eric

A Tip… I have much experience with real latin percussionists. The karma generated Latin perc patterns (without the Karma software) are atrocious and bear no resemblance to live players customary patterns. So I created a program only using only the Conga samples , then studied this vid intently and applied them… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFlXi14F_H0 and there are many others for authentic latin perc part playing located there. HTH Jim
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoroughly enjoyed the Utube program on Conga percussion techniques you offered. Great stuff well explained and useful. Glad to hear your experiment worked out, with the minor expected tweaks. Smile

Eric

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: